What Fires are in the ovens ?

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

What Fires are in the ovens ?

Post by Peter Remling »

It's been a little quiet around here lately so I thought I'd ask what ranger related projects everyone's working on.

I've got a quiver punched out and lined, just have to finish stitching and making the shoulder strap.

I'm got a brassheaded tomahawk started,I still need a lot of fileing, sanding and polishing and brass is not the easiest of materials to work with.

I'm finishing two scabbards for a gentleman and I've got a woilf themed scabbard and rig planned for another gentleman.

I picked up a nice distressed brown hide that Im planning on making into a sleeveless dustertype coat with a capelet.

So what's everyone else working on ?
hesinraca
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by hesinraca »

Brass is fun. If you have one of those 20 dollar propane torches you can partially anneal it and then re-temper it to citting-strength later. That would help a bit.

I have boots that need modification.
Arrows that need refletching and new nocks.
A smithy to set up(just need a belt sander now, mostly)
A knife sheeth partially made.
A hard shell mandolin case cut out, just needs to be punched and sewn(13oz leather).
A falconry test to study for.
Herbalism notes to memorize.

And that's all I can think of right now...
-Cedric (Hesin Raca)
winterwolfforge.com
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

We've been tied up with trying to buy our first home, so I haven't been around much. Sorry.
When I can make the time, I'm still working on the boots. On my last outing, I made a quickie-quivver out of an old pair of jeans. It's not a long-term solution, but it worked in a pinch. Trying to look through the books that you sent me, Pete. I'll finish up with them soon and send them back before we move. Things are a bit hectic here right now, but maybe the second half of this year will slow down some.
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Post by Eledhwen »

Building a new pair of boots
Making a new scabbard for a sword
Ditto the above for one of my knives
Working on weaving a nice grey cloth for use in cloaks

The list of things I want/would like to do is much longer, but this does for now. As soon as one is finished something else takes its place. :)

Siani
Nandalad!
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Moving! On the one hand, I'm very happy. On the other, I'm exhausted. Hoping to hit the woods when the temperatures drop some around these parts.
Chris Russo
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Chris Russo »

Recovering from the last trek, mostly.

A lot of my gear performed very well. The few things that didn't, I need to start planning replacement and/or modification.
caedmon
Balku'npâ

Post by caedmon »

Ranger wise.. not much at present. Outdoors a lot.

Just took a rustic holiday in Homer, Ak. Lots of beach combing, woods, and getting out, and not running water, electricity, cell phone, or computer access for 10 day. Heaven.

Doing weekly camping trips with my 4 year old.

He and I have taken to archery, and I hate to admit it, but in 6 months, he'll be better than me.

A leather shop just opened in our town so I'm excited about the possibilities there.
-Jack Horner

----------------------------
Impression: Cædmon Reedmace | bronze founder living in Archet, Breeland. c. 3017