Hey all from Colorado

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Andy M
Dunedain Chieftain

Hey all from Colorado

Post by Andy M »

Sorry for dropping off the radar. The move was a constant 100mph but we now own a house, kids are about to start school and I actually start back to work week after next.
We've got a 2+ acre lot up here in Woodland Park. We receive the last delivery of house-hold goods on tuesday which should have my quiver and arrows.

Eric, can I have your number again?

I'll most likely head to Iraq late September or mid October but can't wait to get into some Ranger time.

Andy
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Good to hear you're settled in.

Two acres is plenty of room for archery! :lol:
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

Hey Pete, how'd you post in the future as it's still Saturday in my neck of the woods. If you finally built that time machine then let a brother know will ya?
Winter is coming
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Mike:

I always post in the future, this way if I have to edit for spelling or content, no one else knows it but me. :lol:

BTW This morning I finished the cloak case to go along with the backpack, I'll ship it out to you sometime this week.
Andy M
Dunedain Chieftain

Post by Andy M »

Hey Mike,

What's a good source for a buckler? I'm going to try and start I:33 with a local group.

Andy
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

The Mercenaries tailor.

http://www.merctailor.com/catalog/index ... 2lch6ju0t3

Or we've had success with the GDFB Hanwei ones

http://www.casiberia.com/productsearch. ... at=Shields

We have a 12" and a 15" and they've taken a beating. Now all you need is this.....

http://www.albion-swords.com/swords/alb ... ce-I33.htm

And your in!! I have the Liechtenaure and it's about the best blunt I've used so far. It eats up the Hanwei swords in the group making it well worth the price in the long run. My friend Gene switch to the I:33 from a Paul Chen Knightly and it really is a world of difference. They feel about the closest to sharps you can get without really using sharps.
Winter is coming
Andy M
Dunedain Chieftain

Post by Andy M »

Thanks Mike,

You and/or Pete need to show some pics of what he's made for you.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Hi Andy,

The leather backpack depicted in Crafts and Skills is the one I did for Mike. I had promised him a cloak/blanket case and hadn't found a nice piece of tooling leather for a reasonable price ( the cheapest would have been for the entire backpack quote) so I used the same garment leather as the pack and used belt straps to add some support. It folds down nicely when empty and like the pack itself is very light, as weight was my main consideration.
Andy M
Dunedain Chieftain

Post by Andy M »

Pete,

That sounds functional.

Making sturdy functional gear for Rangers is one of the primary reasons for starting my web site but I have yet to have the time to do so. Fortunetly you Peter have helped several guys with their kit. I think that is great. I really can't wait to make something for someone and have them use it.
Hopefully, I can still help Eric woth his boots.

Andy
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Hey Andy, It's good to hear that you are relocated safely and it sounds like you're in a good spot with the new house.
We're still trying to get everything moved from the rental to our new home :evil: . Have I ever mentioned that I HATE moving?
I just got my computer set up tonight while the wife was preparing supper.
So this is the first time in a couple of weeks that I have had a chance to get on the site myself.
This is our first home. It's a brick ranch, built in '72 (almost as old as I am!). It's on nearly a half acre and we LOVE it! The kids have their own rooms for once and we aren't worried about losing our well for another six months like we did last year, that the house could burn down around us while we sleep. The rental was only about 200 years old (and I'm NOT exagerating!), so as you can imagine, it had its problems.
BOOTS: Now there's a project I'm looking foreward to finishing. I'll be sure to send you my number.
Andy M
Dunedain Chieftain

Post by Andy M »

Eric I know what you mean about owning a house. This moved kicked my butt.

It's great that you like it and I assume your family likes it too. It's a good feeling giving that security to your family. We knew we would eventually own, but we purposely held off until we knew we were in an area we would like and not have to move away from in three years. We're at about 8700ft in the Rockies and my family loves it.

Andy
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

I'll bet it's beautiful! If I leave the area where I live now, I'd love to move to the foothills of the Appalachians, or just beyond Asheboro, which is actually in the mountains a bit. I had to go to school there for my job about six years ago and I loved the people and the place.

BTW, I meant to PM my contact info last night, but got busy on something else and forgot until I went to bed. One of those thoughts that hit you as you are dosing off.