Pics from the NY Renfair and some new gear

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Pics from the NY Renfair and some new gear

Post by Peter Remling »

I took a solitary trip to the NY Renfair today (a scouting mission for our assault later in the season) and took some pics of the smith and the bladesellers.

I had orderd a pair of moccasins from a Peruvian shoemaker, that arrived about 2 monthes ago (I know I cheated, but not every ranger is a cobbler either) and I put them to a breakin test today. They were comfortable throughout the day. They are a little large, I requested them that way because of a prior water/shrinking leather issue and didn't want to take any more chances with my feet. I'll just add a little tissue paper to the toe area and they'll be just fine. I took the chance with these mocs as the price was exceptional, they go for about $180 now (shipping included) and I paid $140 when I ordered mine, compared to about $500+ for the better known US makers. If anyone wants the website just pm me.

A stud-like Ranger

his new footwear

the blacksmith (Greg) at work

a new firemaking steel I had him make for me

the bladesellers boothes

Mayhawke Armoury

Starfire

and Capricorn Armory (I didn't see any Baltimore Knife Works goods this year)

caedmon
Balku'npâ

Post by caedmon »

Hey Peter, messed around with your post and got the images going, still don't have the links right though.
-Jack Horner

----------------------------
Impression: Cædmon Reedmace | bronze founder living in Archet, Breeland. c. 3017
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Looking good, Thanks for the assist!
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

Mayhawke is really becoming a nice place isn't it? he had WAY more Lutel then last year. Did you handle the red one? Very nice. Now all he has to do is handle the Valient/Christian Fletcher line and he's complete.... In my book anyway.
Winter is coming
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

No I didn't handle too much as I had no serious money to spend. I did like the antiqued Chen Franseca though. My brother Mike loves all thrown weapons. I can appreciate them but I've never been real keen on throwing my weapon away.