Couple New Pieces of Kit

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Alexandros
Wayfarer

Couple New Pieces of Kit

Post by Alexandros »

I went thrift store/army navy shopping today. Came up with some cool stuff, I am trying to get some kit for my first overnight SCA event. Naturally I have to do it in MER style. My undershirt is a a woven merino wool that I will be modifying to have a tunic neckline. The green coat over it is my mass layer jerkin for winter camping, it is made out of a surplus wool trenchcoat at parts it has six layers of worsted wool in it. It also doubles as a sleeping pad, I will be finishing the edges and putting buttons on it in the next few days. With the Kukri on it is my shelter there it is a 9x12 canvas tarp rolled up with a nato wool blanket. They are cheap and very thick. Oh that's my rapier/dagger I know it isn't your guys style but I thought I would throw it in. Those are new pouches, the tan ones are surplus ammo cases, One of the compartments is full of jute haha 190ft. Thats alot of tinder, the other side of the pouch has firesteel/lighter in it. The black pouch which I have to figure how to dress so it looks less like a makeup bag, which is exactly what it is, has my two pipes, tobacco, an herbal blend designed for sleep (no, not drugs, it's essentially a chamomile tea) and appropriate pipe tools. The wool blanket and the 9x12 tarp were 20 each i donbt think I spent 20 bucks on all the rest, except that wool jerkin was expensive (50$) but there is yard after yard of wool in it. Sorry about my rambling, I kind of just vomit on the keyboard. Pictures!

Shot at 2011-08-24
Shot at 2011-08-24
Shot at 2011-08-24
Shot at 2011-08-24