Viking Christmas Party in NC

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

david lewis smith
Dúnadan

Viking Christmas Party in NC

Post by david lewis smith »

Kindly RSVP to me by PM,

Eric, how is your daughters dress coming along?

Greetings Good Gentles, Varlets, Knights, Knaves Galloglasses and Kerns, Franks, Scots, Irish, Danes, Saxons, and anyone else we forgot.

Continuing a tradition that dates all the way back to 2003, House Salamandra invites you to a Viking Christmas party. In holding with the traditions of both Christmas and Vikings, we will eat, drink, and burn a neighboring village to the ground and steal! um, pillage everything they own and give it to each other as gifts, and then pillage it from each other for good measure.

The party is Saturday, December 20, 2008, from 3 p.m. until the last guest collapses, and will be held at the home of Dyffid Schabe MacLewis and his ladywife Kate. Please bring one side dish to share, and one period/SCA gift to exchange. Gift exchange will be in the Viking style, with the chance to pillage gifts from the recipients. Once a gift is opened, the next person can choose to open another wrapped gift, or take one already opened from someone else. In the end, everyone will have a gift, just not necessarily the one they started with.

This year’s celebration is multi-fold, the 20th is Dyffid and Kate’s fifth wedding anniversary. Sir Andras will also be back from his quest for a short break, without fail he will tell us many tales of his adventures there (that is to say, he will tell us those tales over and over again without fail) Also it will mark the graduation Dyffid from the Special Warfare Training Center’s Civil Affairs course.

We will provide a couple of main courses and everyone else is invited to bring their favorite period or mundane food. Bring whatever you like to drink – we will provide spiced cider and soft drinks. If you choose to consume alcohol, please do so responsibly and have a plan for transportation. Guests without a plan for transportation will turned over to the Spanish Inquisition. (What!? Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!) Seriously, if nothing else, you can crash on the floor until the next day (better the floor than a lamppost). It is a period party, so garb is appropriate, but not required. All in the known world are invited, but especially our good friends in the Barony of Windmasters’ Hill and the Canton of Attilium.
lacking anything clever to say.......
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

The dress ISN'T coming along yet. But we have found a costume dress that willl work in a pinch.

RSVP: I, Eldacar am reporting for myself, the lady Gilraen, the boy Elion and the daughter Ivorwen. We represent the Dunedain of the woods north of your realm. I'll see if I can barter with the elves around here for a couple of gifts.

You and I need to discuss a possible rendesvous for this spring. That'd be great. I still can't get a friend of mine interested in going into the woods with us though. :evil:
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Just getting the kids settled in and starting to wind down from the party (for those who don't know, we had a fairly good distance to drive to and from the party). Dave's home is beautiful. He and the Lady Kate were wonderful hosts. I managed to pillage a nice set of candlesticks. And with the material that my daughter picked out as a gift, we can get started on that dress now. Dave's sword collection is awesome. The white Elven Ranger looks really good in person.
Overall, the Cartrette clan had a really good time and the driving was uneventful too- just the way I like it.
Thanks Dave. Hope to see you again soon.
Eric
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
david lewis smith
Dúnadan

Post by david lewis smith »

It was great to see you again, and a pleasure to meet your wife and children

I especially loved when your son pillaged the tool kit box
lacking anything clever to say.......
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Done like a true master in the making :twisted:
Beornmann
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Beornmann »

So, how was the PARTY?
Near is the hour when the Lost should come forth, And the Grey Company ride from the North.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

The party was great. There were plenty of people there and much feasting to be done. David's edged weapons collection is to be envied. We had a really good time.