Fog on the Barrow-Downs

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Fog on the Barrow-Downs

Post by Greg »

Took an opportunity to get out in gear again this morning. Hiked for a total of 2.5 hours. Would've been longer if I hadn't had to go to work, but I got out there, at least. There was fog out in the early morning, which made for a great setting to start. I headed out at 715-ish. Fixed up my jerkin yesterday, so I threw it on too, today. Still only in kit from the waist up...boots still in the works.

I'll throw some commentary in every now and again, but for the most part, I'm going to let the pics speak for themselves.

The Forest of Fangorn lies on our doorstep.
Looks like orc mischief to me:
Started to rain...pretty hard actually. Pull up your hoods and arrow socks!
Took a drink. Freshly fallen rain water'll do you some good.
The sun rises across the treetops.

I didn't intend, today, to go out to make a shelter, though it could've been fun with the weather. I wanted to hike around, scout some locations, cover as much ground as possible, and test out my cloak's water-repellency in the rain. Success on all counts, and a good time was had by all. I stayed dry, warm, and comfortable the whole way. Found a good number of potential base camp locations right along one of many creeks, and almost my entire hike was on ground completely new to me. I've got a goal of knowing all the trails here on my work's 1000-acre property, and I've hiked a little over 1/3 of them, to date, so we're on our way.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.