For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Gareth
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Gareth »

Last edited by Gareth on Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

I've been keeping an eye on them for awhile. It's an open-join group that's from all over the place. I've been tempted once or twice to submit myself to be on the roster, but I don't know how they'd feel about a kukri, a Gladius, and a Laminated recurve based off a Horsebow all in the same place...
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
caedmon
Balku'npâ

Post by caedmon »

I like St. Hubert's. The main guy there did an article in Primative Archer about 6-8 months ago, detailing a period boar hunt he did.

Thought about joining myself, I also do 14th c. reenactment on the side, but I don't have time to adequately mod this board, much less do an in-kit photo shoot. If anyone joins, would love a report.
-Jack Horner

----------------------------
Impression: Cædmon Reedmace | bronze founder living in Archet, Breeland. c. 3017
Greg

Post by Greg »

caedmon wrote:I also do 14th c. reenactment on the side, but I don't have time to adequately mod this board, much less do an in-kit photo shoot.
Well then it's a good thing this board doesn't have issues with social interactions like most other forums do...
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Last edited by Gareth on Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beornmann

Post by Beornmann »

I've had the site bookmarked for inspiration, but no way believe I could pass an authenticity review. Always wanted to try a boar hunt, though.

I've briefly met a couple of them. James Cunningham taught a crossbow class some years ago and I've crossed swords with Sir Cellach MacChormach. Seemed like good people.
Near is the hour when the Lost should come forth, And the Grey Company ride from the North.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Our friend Paul Wilburn of St. Hubert's Rangers has a featured endorsement on Ron LaClair's shrewbows website:

http://www.shrewbows.com/

See Pail in Ron's grey striped Wool Long shirt and matching hood on the right side; click on the picture for details. Looks like All-American Woodsman Ron LaClair is a "Historically Accurate" shirt and hood maker. Fancy that!

While Ron's website is up, scroll down a little and click on the "Shrew Throwing Knives and Hawks" link. His throwing knife and two throwing hawk designs look pleasantly rangerish; I do believe I may be investing in one of the knives at the very least, for a new around the camp utility knife (and a simultaneous replacement for my old throwing knife which is lost to the bush.) At least, if I decide I want a replacement for the one I've been using, that is. I'm not sure how I feel about the shrew's price tag...then again, it IS 14"...

Shrew Throwing Knives and Hawks