Forum-Wide Lord of the Rings "Picture Book" Project Discussi

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Re: Forum-Wide Lord of the Rings "Picture Book" Project Disc

Post by Mirimaran »

I am not sure if some got deleted, but I think that Pete's is on a different thread. We started this last year, but I had other commitments and had meant to do mine over the summer, but now I have more time so I thought to get back to it again. Still working on yellow boots :)

Ken
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

For some of the pics, Try this link:

http://ranger.budgetauthenticity.org/fo ... ook#p23653
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

*chuckle*

This got derailed mostly due to my schedule. I committed myself to one-too-many chapters in an effort to keep it moving, and my schedule caught up with me. Then the fell winter hit, and, well...pics didn't happen.

I've thought about this a few times, and keep forgetting to hop in and start it back up. I'll do what I can this week. :D

In the meantime, the whole "Where do we find the pictures" question is a great point. I saved all of the submitted photos thus far (I'm a forum Hoarder...can you tell? Just look at the forum wiki, and you'll see my addiction published) so I'll update the first post with the completed-so-far photos. I'm also updating the photo-thread to reflect my images, which imageshack didn't keep intact.

Ken, I'll try to get that photo I'm owed up this week, and then did you want to take on The Old Forest, or In the House of Tom Bombadil? If it's the former, you can go right ahead at your leisure...if it's the latter, I'll need a volunteer for chapter 6!

Ken...thanks for getting me back on this. I don't want it to die.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

Greg wrote:
Ken, I'll try to get that photo I'm owed up this week, and then did you want to take on The Old Forest, or In the House of Tom Bombadil? If it's the former, you can go right ahead at your leisure...if it's the latter, I'll need a volunteer for chapter 6!

Ken...thanks for getting me back on this. I don't want it to die.
Np Greg, this time of year always make me think of Rangering, and taking pics thereof, and I had ran across some of my Bombadil stuff so it crossed my mind yet again. I will tackle The Old Forest, and may take a bonus pic or two for Fog on the Barrow-downs as I have some daggers that fit a certain bill (not bronze, however :) )

Ken
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Greg

Post by Greg »

For the record, due to the small size of our community, if someone REALLY wants to do two chapters in a row, at this point I don't really see any point in saying no. Go for it. Just don't intentionally hog all the Good stuff! *tee hee*
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

Greg wrote:For the record, due to the small size of our community, if someone REALLY wants to do two chapters in a row, at this point I don't really see any point in saying no. Go for it. Just don't intentionally hog all the Good stuff! *tee hee*
Is this implying there is a boring chapter in 'The Lord of the Rings?' lol we have many new members and I am sure there is enough good stuff to go around! :)

Ken
Greg

Post by Greg »

Boring? No.

More desirable photo-wise? Yes. Like, no calling dibs on the Prancing Pony, Weathertop, and Khazad-dum all at once. *chuckles*

Alrighty, after way too much ado about nothing, I'm posting my latest, for A Conspiracy Unmasked, as it loads. Ken, unless I'm mistaken, she's all yours. Chapters are waiting to be claimed, folks!

Newest Post Here.
Arbellason
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Arbellason »

Just read this topic and had to laugh I read the hobbit and the lord of the rings series in my per usual 4 days for all four.
Alone a ranger travels unseen and unheard beware those of dark heart for you will sleep not in comfort while I walk.
Greg

Post by Greg »

That's a heck of an accomplishment. Are the people around you warned in advance that you won't be seen for 4 days?

As impressive as that is, I'd like to point out that the intent of this wasn't to "accomplish" reading through the LOTR's, but rather to do it together so everyone on the forum would, literally, be on the same pages together as an in-depth study, speed being the least important part of the project.
Stormraven

Post by Stormraven »

If it hasn't been taken yet, I'll take Chapter 3 of Book 2, The Ring Goes South. I've got some ideas for some photos that would match that chapter. How many photos should we take?
"Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the wise cannot see all ends."
Stormraven

Post by Stormraven »

In further reading the instructions, I might have jumped the gun. If going to Book II is too early, I can take another. Basically anything with woodland scenes and Rangers I'm good with. One of my guys will make a good Boromir and I've got noone that would make a good Hobbit, so that is my dilemma. Any suggestions?
"Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the wise cannot see all ends."
Greg

Post by Greg »

We'd love to have you pitch in. However, you are correct in that we'd prefer that chapters not be claimed until all of the successive chapters ahead of them have been claimed, in order. This prevents people from running through a list and claiming all of the favorites, leaving us less people willing to work on some of the more difficult or slower-paced chapters that are more presently needed, etc.

I believe we are at "The Old Forest", though I'm unsure as to whether we have anyone actively planning to take care of it.
Stormraven

Post by Stormraven »

Thanks Greg. I'll take The Old Forest if it is still available. How much time do I have?
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

Stormraven wrote:Thanks Greg. I'll take The Old Forest if it is still available. How much time do I have?
At the rate we are going, about two years :)

Ken
Greg

Post by Greg »

Just try to get it up within about two weeks, give or take. It used to be a one-week timeframe, but that proved unreasonable for even myself, so just be as prompt as you can.

Alrighty, in the house of Tom Bombadil is up for grabs! Straelbora? Mirimaran? Goldberry? Any takers?