Pics of my weapons and pack

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Ursus
Amrod Rhandir

Pics of my weapons and pack

Post by Ursus »

Occasionally I also carry a cut down dane axe. This one is the newer one from Cold Steel. It was quite chunky around the socket when I got it, but some time on my big belt sander took care of that. Now its scary fast.
Occasionally I also carry a cut down dane axe. This one is the newer one from Cold Steel. It was quite chunky around the socket when I got it, but some time on my big belt sander took care of that. Now its scary fast.
P1010525 (230x173) (230x173).jpg (58.7 KiB) Viewed 15442 times
A close up of the hilt. Fittings are bronze. Handle is a fine grain black shark skin wet molded over a deeply grooved wood core with braided bronze wire fitted into the grooves. Best grip Ive ever felt on any sword.
A close up of the hilt. Fittings are bronze. Handle is a fine grain black shark skin wet molded over a deeply grooved wood core with braided bronze wire fitted into the grooves. Best grip Ive ever felt on any sword.
P1010523 (230x173) (230x173).jpg (55.84 KiB) Viewed 15442 times
These are the weapons I carry on my belt at all times. First is my custom XIIIa war sword from John Lundemo of Odinblades. Its stats are 52 inches long overall and about 4.5 lbs. The blade is 5160h and has to be the hardest and most flexible blade Ive ever seen. Its POB is about 3 1/2 inches up from the guard. A big sword but lively, also Im 6'8 so it evens out. Next is a cold steel norse hawk and a dirk built on an old windlass dagger blade.
These are the weapons I carry on my belt at all times. First is my custom XIIIa war sword from John Lundemo of Odinblades. Its stats are 52 inches long overall and about 4.5 lbs. The blade is 5160h and has to be the hardest and most flexible blade Ive ever seen. Its POB is about 3 1/2 inches up from the guard. A big sword but lively, also Im 6'8 so it evens out. Next is a cold steel norse hawk and a dirk built on an old windlass dagger blade.
P1010518 (230x173).jpg (58.3 KiB) Viewed 15442 times
"Lonely men are we, Rangers of the wild, hunters – but hunters ever of the servants of the Enemy."

“My cuts, short or long, don’t go wrong.”
Ursus
Amrod Rhandir

Re: Pics of my weapons and pack

Post by Ursus »

In my belt pouch I carry my sewing and fire starting kits as well a sling, small mirror, cloth bandages and some salves and iodine
In my belt pouch I carry my sewing and fire starting kits as well a sling, small mirror, cloth bandages and some salves and iodine
P1010540 (260x195).jpg (61.77 KiB) Viewed 15441 times
My water bag come from Soul of the Warrior. Basic bedroll with waterproof ground cloth and wool blanket and belt pouch
My water bag come from Soul of the Warrior. Basic bedroll with waterproof ground cloth and wool blanket and belt pouch
P1010538 (260x195).jpg (54.98 KiB) Viewed 15441 times
My father is a bowyer and made both my bows. My warbow pulls 122 lbs at my 32 inch draw and my pack bow pulls 60.
My father is a bowyer and made both my bows. My warbow pulls 122 lbs at my 32 inch draw and my pack bow pulls 60.
P1010527 (260x195).jpg (68.79 KiB) Viewed 15441 times
"Lonely men are we, Rangers of the wild, hunters – but hunters ever of the servants of the Enemy."

Ursus
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Ursus »

The contents of my bedroll. Mess kit includes a small steel skillet, wooden eating bowl, horn spoon, meal bag that currently only have a few oats and rice(just returned from a weekend trek this morning) and seasonings. Normally have my copper corn boiler as well but its away getting some repairs made. Weapon maintenance kit is made up of varying grades of sand paper, whetstone, oil, fine steel wool, and file that I broke in half, and some glue and spare field points for my arrows. I also carry a length of good rope and some twine. My med kit is made up of a bar of lye soap, linen bandages, suture needles and various salves and powders. I also carry an old flannel pillow case that doubles as a sack and some spare wool socks.
P1010543 (350x263).jpg
P1010543 (350x263).jpg (87.26 KiB) Viewed 15439 times

Ursus
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Ursus »

Sorry that the pics came out so small, I'll see if I cant blow them up.

Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Very nice kit and weapons.

Your gear is well thought out and apparently well tested.

When possible could you please provide us more pics of the sword and sword belt. The POB on that would make it manageable even for much smaller person.

If we all ever got today for a picture, the rest of us would look like dwarves and hobbits (6'8" wow).
Ursus
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Ursus »

Peter Remling wrote:Very nice kit and weapons.

Your gear is well thought out and apparently well tested.

When possible could you please provide us more pics of the sword and sword belt. The POB on that would make it manageable even for much smaller person.

If we all ever got today for a picture, the rest of us would look like dwarves and hobbits (6'8" wow).
It would be my pleasure Peter. Camera work is not my forte so please bare with me lol. I'll get some shots of me with the sword for scale purposes as well. It can have its drawbacks but I've always considered my height a blessing, especially since I was gifted with the speed and coordination of an average sized athlete.

Cinead
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Cinead »

Nice Kit Brett!

I'm only 5'4"....and very stocky.....so I look like a dwarf no matter who I am with....but then, I am OK with that!

Welcome to our merry band of misfits!
Here I stand...unbowed, unbent, unbroken.
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

Welcome to the group and I love your pack, kit and items. Can you tell me more about your pack bow? Does your father sell those?

Ken
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Straelbora
Haeropada

Post by Straelbora »

Very nice kit. You definitely have to show up for some moots- at 6'8", any Dwarf Ranger will want to get some photos with you.
Vápnum sínum skala maðr velli á
feti ganga framar því at óvist er at vita
nær verðr á vegum úti geirs um þörf guma
Hávamál
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

Very nice kit man, and very nice sword as well. John does make a great blade.
Winter is coming
Jonathan B.
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Jonathan B. »

Wow great kit.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

I second what everyone else has said! Also, I'd be very interested in further info on both of your bows. Primarily, what are they made of?
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Nice pile of goodies you've got there! Looking forward to seeing some of it in use at a Moot in the near future!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
wulfgar
Amrod Rhandir

Post by wulfgar »

Once again, impressive kit! I need to get to work!
You can't take the sky from me.
Aaron
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Aaron »

Peter Remling wrote:If we all ever got today for a picture, the rest of us would look like dwarves and hobbits (6'8" wow).
He's obviously one of the Dunedain. I thought I was tall at 6'3"... :lol:

Brett, love those bows, and that Lundemo. I take it that it was inspired by Boorman's Excalibur?