Merrill Marketing

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

wulfgar
Amrod Rhandir

Merrill Marketing

Post by wulfgar »

I know someone has posted this link before, but I can find the thread that it was in.
http://www.dmerrill.com/store/index.php ... roductId=5
Has anyone bought arrows from here? If so, how are they? I need some better arrows,,and more, I just lost one today, it seems to have a cloaking device on it because I have walked the area around my target at least 10 times.
You can't take the sky from me.
Aaron
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Re: Merrill Marketing

Post by Aaron »

Yup, I've got a set and I couldn't be happier. Only place I'll buy target arrows from now and I recommend them to just about everyone.
wulfgar
Amrod Rhandir

Post by wulfgar »

Aaron wrote:Yup, I've got a set and I couldn't be happier. Only place I'll buy target arrows from now and I recommend them to just about everyone.
Thanks!
ineffableone

Post by ineffableone »

wulfgar wrote:I know someone has posted this link before, but I can find the thread that it was in.
http://www.dmerrill.com/store/index.php ... roductId=5
Has anyone bought arrows from here? If so, how are they? I need some better arrows,,and more, I just lost one today, it seems to have a cloaking device on it because I have walked the area around my target at least 10 times.
Some great arrows, they perform on par if not slightly better than 3 River's brand wood arrows. Though a few rough edges on the fletching meeting the shaft and a few glue spots in the feathers. Nothing a few moments cleaning the arrows up couldn't fix. And for 1/2 the price of most any other wood arrow source a fantastic deal.
wulfgar
Amrod Rhandir

Post by wulfgar »

I ordered a doz. yesterday. I'm looking forward to them. I will try to get some pics on here because I don't have any pics of my new bow yet.
ineffableone

Post by ineffableone »

wulfgar wrote:I ordered a doz. yesterday. I'm looking forward to them. I will try to get some pics on here because I don't have any pics of my new bow yet.
Congrats, I recommend his arrows as much as possible, since they really are the best deal out there.

I just recently swapped the field points on half of mine from him to broadheads. Now I think of it I should have taken pictures to share, darn. The glue he used was not only completely covering the wood but formed all the way to a point about the size of a ballpoint pen point. Even with heating well with a candle it took a bit of effort to remove the field points. Which is good, they come solidly glued onto the shafts.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Any idea if these guys will do self-nocked arrows?
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
ineffableone

Post by ineffableone »

Manveruon wrote:Any idea if these guys will do self-nocked arrows?
I don't think he does, but you might be able to ask him to leave off the plastic nocks and you could do your own self nocks. Never know though until someone asks, he might be happy to do a self nock. Though I would imagine he would charge extra for that.
Taurinor
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Taurinor »

Nemo got some self-mocked arrows from him a while back. He posted pictures of them in this topic, along with pricing information - http://ranger.budgetauthenticity.org/fo ... =28&t=1810

It was a while ago, so things might have changed, but he's done it before.
- Ned Houndswood, Breelander
Richmond Fantasy-Inspired Hiking and Camping (on WordPress and Facebook)
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Oh right! I even commented on it, haha. Totally slipped my mind.
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Rifter
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Rifter »

Hmm I usually go through 3 rivers but this may be my new choice after all the comments
'Just because I don't like to fight...doesn't mean I can't'
robinhoodsghost

Post by robinhoodsghost »

They are made from a cheaper pine. Try 3 Rivers archery, they have quality arrows at a reasonable price.
In the darkest part of Sherwoods glade, in the thickest part of the wood, there are those who say, can still be seen, the ghost of Robin Hood.
ineffableone

Post by ineffableone »

robinhoodsghost wrote:They are made from a cheaper pine. Try 3 Rivers archery, they have quality arrows at a reasonable price.
My Merrill arrows have been holding up better than my 3Rivers arrows. I only have 2 of 12 3Rivers arrows that are not short arrows from the shaft breaking at the field tip, or just breaking.

So far I have had no issue with Merrill's arrows.
robinhoodsghost

Post by robinhoodsghost »

Bad quality wood shafts....3 rivers is one of the best.
In the darkest part of Sherwoods glade, in the thickest part of the wood, there are those who say, can still be seen, the ghost of Robin Hood.
wulfgar
Amrod Rhandir

Post by wulfgar »

ineffableone wrote:
robinhoodsghost wrote:They are made from a cheaper pine. Try 3 Rivers archery, they have quality arrows at a reasonable price.
My Merrill arrows have been holding up better than my 3Rivers arrows. I only have 2 of 12 3Rivers arrows that are not short arrows from the shaft breaking at the field tip, or just breaking.

So far I have had no issue with Merrill's arrows.
I haven't had any issues with mine yet either.