Greetings

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

LastielRusc

Greetings

Post by LastielRusc »

Ni veren an gi ngovaned. I eneth nîn Lastiel Rusc. (I'm glad to meet you. My name is Lastiel Rusc) [Though I'd translate the Sindarin for you guys)

I've been a member of this site for quite some time and only recently re-found it. If you cannot tell I am obsessed with Arda, but I also enjoy playing Dagorhir / Belegarth. Of late I've been using this site for ideas to improve upon my kit, though every time I finish say a new piece of garb I find things that I do not like about it and begin to review what I can do next time to make it better.

With any luck I shall have a soft kit that I am making quite nearly all of it by hand (I am getting a lesson in patience with the hand sewing...) and either the makings of a hard kit or a completed one by Halloween. Having an elven persona (wood elf) I'm going to have quite a bit of the elven flair.

And thank you for all of the various posts throughout the forums they have all helped me on determining what I can do to make my kit better and more realistic.

~Lastiel
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Re: Greetings

Post by Peter Remling »

Glad to have you here !
Arbellason
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Arbellason »

You have perked my interest I thought of doing an elven kit but it's a bit complicated and expensive for what I wanted so I'm going for a more Rhovanhirim look.
Alone a ranger travels unseen and unheard beware those of dark heart for you will sleep not in comfort while I walk.
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

Doing any type of Non-human kits are not easy. They require a great deal of thought and research to do well and to reenact.

I have worked on my Dwarven persona since shortly after joining, many of you might not remember but when I first got here Ringulf was a Beorning Ranger! (then I discovered my inner Dwarf)

Yet even now I find it a challenge to try to make my Kit more historically based and not just excuse certain modern-ish items as "Dwarven technology" (except velcro we invented velcro damit...it all started with our coarse wiry body hair and the damn sheep...well thats a story for later).

Good luck to you and please don't hesitate to ask questions, we all have different views but we are singular in purpose in all wanting to help. :mrgreen:
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
LastielRusc

Post by LastielRusc »

Thank you for the Warm Welcome!

As for the kit, yes it is difficult. Currently all I have completed (though always worked on and I'm never satisfied with) is the garb....as I speak I'm working on making a new set all sewn by hand. I have a new respect for when everything was sewn by hand. I'm thinking of making a post in the Soft Kit forum, about the transformation of my elven garb. Now the Hard Kit....I've got some stuff I've acquired here and there, but due to not knowing exactly what would have been carried by the elves in Tolkien's lore....let's just say many things will end up being removed once I find something that has a bit more of the 'elven flair' 8D

It will be nice to hear other's opinions and suggestions for the kits and many ideas that consistently float around my head.

~Lastiel
Stormraven
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Stormraven »

Mae govannen and welcome.
"Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the wise cannot see all ends."
Rifter
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Rifter »

Hail and well met *inclines head*
'Just because I don't like to fight...doesn't mean I can't'
Kortoso
Haeropada

Post by Kortoso »

Gi suilon Lastiel!

I sense that you lurk in nearby mountains, my unit has loyal rangers operating in those forests. I'd be pleased if you could join us around the campfire once or twice.
There are no safe paths in this part of the world. Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild now, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go.