2016 Yuletide Gift Exchange

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Eric C
Vendor

Re: 2016 Yuletide Gift Exchange

Post by Eric C »

In just a few minutes, a major moment of truth is about to take place with mine. After that, it will be sitting up for a few hours before I can touch it again. But everything is coming together for a Monday shipment.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

we were snowed in deep this morning, and I couldn't get to the post office. Mine's going out priority first thing Monday morning.
eek!
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Thankfully, I know both of you have understanding and forgiving recipients. Not that anyone here doesn't... *wink*

Cheers!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Well, the moment of truth was catastrophic. So I've made a rapid design modification and have had to go back to near the beginning on some steps. Plenty of hours later and I will probably be putting it up for the night. Oh well, lessons learned I guess.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Finished!!! It will be off tomorrow if we aren't iced in. The weather has been crazy. Highs in the 30's Friday, in the 40's yesterday and in the 70's today. Calling for a possibility of frozen precip tomorrow with a high in the 30's again. :?
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

Woo! Congratulations on the rescue!

*so* itching to get to the post office tomorrow! This is fun! :)
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

WELLLLLLL.

So here's the thing....

First of all, I want to mention that a few days ago I did receive this lovely package in my mailbox!

And while it's definitely not from who I was expecting it to be (not that I was specifically expecting it to be from someone... er... specific), I'm pretty sure my exchange gift has arrived!

thaaaaaat being said...

I just... really dropped the ball on this one, guys, and I'm really sorry.

My initial plan was... well... fairly ambitious. My recipient presented a serious challenge for me, so I wanted to do something that would be unique and out-of-the-ordinary. I even got some fantastic help on it from a couple of other wonderful members here, who had some truly brilliant ideas. Unfortunately, I have been extremely preoccupied, and frankly kind of depressed lately, and even though I started off my project with enthusiasm, I quickly lost steam, and it sort of fell apart.

So now I'm trying to re-group a bit.

I am currently working on mine, but it probably won't be done for a few days at least. I sincerely apologize to my recipient, and I hope you will be understanding when it arrives. I feel bad, because the gift I ended up deciding to create is, in my opinion, less special and imaginative than my initial idea - I feel like I'm sort of taking the easy way out - but I hope you will appreciate it nonetheless.
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

eek! Good luck!

... and mine's away!
Certain someone, when you see a package from Jennifer in New Hampshire, that's mine - and the package inside is wrapped, so if it gets there in time it can live under the tree. :)
Udwin
Vendor

Post by Udwin »

No worries, Manv! Glad to see it arrived. I've been feeling significantly less-than-festive the last few weeks myself, so I hear where you're coming from.
I'm sure your recipient will be happy to receive ANY gift from a fellow MERFer, whenever it arrives!
Personae: Aistan son of Ansteig, common Beorning of Wilderland; Tungo Brandybuck, Eastfarthing Bounder, 3018 TA; a native Man of the Greyflood, c.850 SA
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Okay, you remember my earlier post about having a package? That wasn't the Yuletide package. It was a wonderful gift from Greg. I will get some pics of it this weekend.

Also, you know those posts where somebody says, "I've got good news and bad news?" This isn't that post. I've got good news and... more good news! I arrived home today and had the real Yuletide package waiting for me. The other good news. As for my gift, IT'S AWAAAYYY! Wrong universe again? So if you haven't received a box yet, yours could be on your doorstep by Friday.
caedmon
Balku'npâ

Post by caedmon »

My wife informs me that my package is in from Pittsburgh.
-Jack Horner

----------------------------
Impression: Cædmon Reedmace | bronze founder living in Archet, Breeland. c. 3017
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

Eric C wrote:Okay, you remember my earlier post about having a package? That wasn't the Yuletide package. It was a wonderful gift from Greg. I will get some pics of it this weekend.

Also, you know those posts where somebody says, "I've got good news and bad news?" This isn't that post. I've got good news and... more good news! I arrived home today and had the real Yuletide package waiting for me. The other good news. As for my gift, IT'S AWAAAYYY! Wrong universe again? So if you haven't received a box yet, yours could be on your doorstep by Friday.
Well my Brother, it did better than you thought! I just received it at about 3:15 pm Wednesday. I am waiting for Brandwyn to come home from the "market" so we can open our Ranger gifts together! Thank you so much and I can't wait to see what you had such an interesting time with! Send me a pm with your number so we can call and chat, let me know a good time for you. With any of this kind of thing, I am always just as interested in the journey as I am the destination! :mrgreen:
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

Aww - that sounds fun!

I just checked tracking: the one I sent out should arrive tomorrow. Sorry to make you wait, Mr. Mystery Recipient. :)
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Ringulf wrote:
Eric C wrote:Okay, you remember my earlier post about having a package? That wasn't the Yuletide package. It was a wonderful gift from Greg. I will get some pics of it this weekend.

Well my Brother, it did better than you thought! I just received it at about 3:15 pm Wednesday. I am waiting for Brandwyn to come home from the "market" so we can open our Ranger gifts together! Thank you so much and I can't wait to see what you had such an interesting time with! Send me a pm with your number so we can call and chat, let me know a good time for you. With any of this kind of thing, I am always just as interested in the journey as I am the destination! :mrgreen:

That's great! I hope you like it. Once we've edited it, there will be a video of most of its making put up on youtube. I'll post a link here. I'll fire off a pm in a little bit with my number. I need to discuss a thing or two about it with you.
Yavion
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Yavion »

Last edited by Yavion on Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.