Instagram

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Manveruon
Thangailhir

Re: Instagram

Post by Manveruon »

Hi all!

I got a bit side-tracked and lost momentum on this project, but I would like to pick it up again. I have gone ahead and created an Instagram account for us titled "Middle Earth Rangers," but I am open to changing the name to "Middle Earth Reenactment Society" if people prefer that. Please let me know your preference!

For the moment I have just created a Gmail account to set up the Instagram profile under (www.middleearthrangers@gmail.com), but I have also asked Caedmon about possibly getting an @middleearthrangers.org email set up for it. If/when he gets that up and running we can switch the account over to that if we feel that's better. However, if you guys don't mind the Gmail account, it does have advantages. For one, it comes with its own Google Drive, where we can all upload photos for use on the Instagram account. This seems extremely convenient to me, so I may well be inclined to keep it under the Gmail account.

Meanwhile, if you have photos you would like to share to the Instagram page, please let me know and I will give you the link to the Google Drive so you can upload them there directly.

So here's a link to the new Instagram account!

https://www.instagram.com/middleearthrangers
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
SierraStrider
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by SierraStrider »

Fantastic! I'm really looking forward to this.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

After thinking about it a bit, I decided to just go ahead and share the Google Drive link on here so everyone can see the Instagram folder and add pics to it. I already have a few from Elleth in the folder, but I would love to get as many as possible from anyone who wants to share so I can start uploading ASAP. Also, if you want me to include any information on the photos, please let me know on here and I will include it in the image description.

Here's the link to the folder:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Additionally, if any of your have any specific requests as to what the FIRST picture I upload ought to be, I would love to hear them! I have an absolute TON of pictures I can upload myself, but I do want this account to be representative of the entire MERF as a whole, and not just The Adventures of Manveruon, Starring Manveruon, Featuring Manveruon and Guest Starring Manveruon.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Snag a couple pics from various group outings to post early-on...some Midwest, Some Co., some from the Carolina event. Diversify our portfolio, and show that we actually do stuff!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

What Greg said. Not only will this show some of the people actually doing some outings, by using early ones first, you'll show garb and equipment progression.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Okay cool, I agree, thanks guys! I will try to look through some of the older posts to find relevant pics, but if you guys have any you would like to share, please feel free to upload them into the Google Drive listed above. The more people give me, the better material I have to work with. And don't forget to mention if you have anything you would like me to mention about the pics in the captions!

Cheers!
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

AAAAAAND WE ALREADY HAVE A HUNDRED FOLLOWERS! HUZZAH!
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

wow! Awesome! :)
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

And that makes 200! We're really clipping along!
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Jack - I just saw the new logo you uploaded to the Google Drive! Thanks man! I have swapped out the logo on the Insta. page and it looks great!
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Okay, just a little update.

I have been giving it some thought, and based on some of the feedback I have received I have decided to set a couple of specific policies for how the Instagram page will be run from here on out, so as to avoid any potential complaints or problems from forum members with regard to how I am using their likenesses (and understandably so).

The practices I plan to put in place are, (1) only using pictures from forum members who have explicitly given me permission (with, perhaps, the exception of Andy, unless anyone feels strongly otherwise), and (2) Only using people's forum handles in place of actual names, unless otherwise requested.

If you have any other suggestions to make sure the project runs smoothly, I am always open to hearing them. I want to make absolutely sure I don't step on anyone's toes or cause anyone undue strife, while still trying to make the page the very best it can be.

And on that note, we are now over 300 followers (almost 400, in fact) and going strong! People love the page, and I am hoping it will generate a some interest in the hobby from many people who may otherwise not have ever heard of it.