A Ranger fellow in Czechia?

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Kortoso
Haeropada

A Ranger fellow in Czechia?

Post by Kortoso »

He goes by Gullinbursti I believe.

His real name is Petr Florianek:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC32sFz ... 0ThcqVIviA
There are no safe paths in this part of the world. Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild now, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go.
leithianore

Re: A Ranger fellow in Czechia?

Post by leithianore »

Interesting,. Gullinbursti is a creature from Norse mythology, the golden boar associated with Frey
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

He has been a forum member for a couple of years now, I invited him myself :) fantastic artist and he lives the life!

http://middleearthrangers.org/forum/vie ... php?t=2260

Ken
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

How cool! Great video! The forest reminds me a bit of the description of Fangorn from the Two Towers, if perhaps rather less dense.
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Straelbora
Haeropada

Post by Straelbora »

Manveruon wrote:How cool! Great video! The forest reminds me a bit of the description of Fangorn from the Two Towers, if perhaps rather less dense.
If memory serves, he lives on the southern slopes of the Carpathians. My family comes from Poland, on the northern slopes of the same mountains. The whole region is known, in Polish, as the Podhale, and the people as Gorale, 'gora' being the Polish word for hill or mountain. There's a long tradition of living in the forests off the land, and he's certainly embraced that tradition.
Vápnum sínum skala maðr velli á
feti ganga framar því at óvist er at vita
nær verðr á vegum úti geirs um þörf guma
Hávamál