An AMAZING Middle Earth map

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

SierraStrider
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

An AMAZING Middle Earth map

Post by SierraStrider »

I just stumbled upon this map, which is truly amazing. If you click on The Hero's Journey, you can see the paths taken by various characters throughout the books, as well as clips from the movies that correspond to different areas and characters. It's an incredible visualization that helps me visualize the layout of the story in a way I've never been able to previously. There's also a weird little minigame in the 'battlefield' section which I don't quite get, but whatever.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Re: An AMAZING Middle Earth map

Post by Greg »

That IS a pretty cool map. I liked seeing the overall landscape, the real-feeling mordor (complete with smoke, etc.), and other features. It was a bit disappointing that you couldn't zoom in closer, though, and there are some natural features that just aren't ... quite ... right. Weathertop isn't distinguishable, for example, at the zoom level they allow...it looks like it's in the forest. There are some areas that I feel should be forested that aren't, and etc., but generally, it was a pleasure to scroll around. Cool find!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.