Anyone using paper vellum ?

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Anyone using paper vellum ?

Post by Peter Remling »

Anyone using paper vellum for anything ?
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Re: Anyone using paper vellum ?

Post by Elleth »

I am not.

Is the question tricks for using it? Or its appropriateness for a ME context?
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Neither actually, I have most of a roll of it in the attic. I bought it many years ago and used some for something or other. I was wondering if anyone wanted it. If so just pm me with your address and I'll ship it. First person to let me know gets it.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

When you say "paper vellum," what exactly are you describing? From what I understand there are a few different materials that fit that description.
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

I'm assuming it's this type of substance: from Wikipedia

Modern imitation or "paper vellum" is made from plasticized cotton. Usually translucent, paper vellum in various sizes is often used in applications where tracing is required, such as architectural plans. Like natural vellum,[citation needed] the synthetic is more dimensionally stable than a linen or paper sheet, which is frequently critical in the development of large scaled drawings and plans such as blueprints. It was also extremely important in that reproduction technology for dissemination of the plans as, like a high quality natural vellum, it could be produced in a thin enough sheet to be virtually transparent to strong light enabling a source drawing to be used directly in the reproduction of field-used drawings.

I have it it roll form not standard cut rectangular, fairly large roll. I think 30" width.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Aaaaah, okay. Interesting.
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains