Change is the only constant.

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Change is the only constant.

Post by Eledhwen »

I am 60. I do not look it, I do not act it. There are people here older than I. Yet I have a LOT of mileage on this chassis. A great deal more than most folk I meet. Sometimes I feel it.

These days I walk with a staff more than anything else. A simple weapon, aye, yet also more than that...it helps with hiking the trails here. I spend a deal more time recording and researching plants, minerals, and animals than I do hunting. Indeed, I am in the process of creating a kind of codex. In real life I am an Archdruid Emerita, an Archpriestess, a Bishop in the Gnostic tradition, and an Ovate or seer. I pursue these things outdoors more often than anything else. Mind you, I still shoot archery, I have a new bow horse so I am working at building bows. I build arrows. I make leather kit for archery. I make clothing...I can sew and sew very well when I've a mind to. I am a blacksmith even if I cannot do it on a large scale just now.

I have been slowly slipping more toward a Loremaster kind of ME persona, more Loremaster-Bard in fact.

So the upshot is there will be a rather different collection of photos coming from me. Not so much a Ranger perhaps, as an allied Loremaster I suppose. I can still track, trail, read sign, bushcraft...that won't ever change. Yet I am about to blend some real world pursuits with this love and therefore not have to choose between them when I go out and about.

As it is, I spend more time in my Medieval and Tolkien clothing and kit than I do the modern stuff.

Just a heads up. I return you to your regularly scheduled Ranger routines.

Eledhwen
(Calendir; Green Wanderer)
Nandalad!
Harper
Haeropada

Re: Change is the only constant.

Post by Harper »

The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Change is Good !
Kortoso
Haeropada

Post by Kortoso »

I am crossing the river at this bridge as well, my Eledhwen. Good luck keeping up with the young lads! I find my value in handing down my lore to those who would listen to it. For the rest, they are on their own. I'm engaged mostly in putting together videos on Youtube, and in handing down my office to my young lieutenant.

Soon to slip into the west.
There are no safe paths in this part of the world. Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild now, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go.
Ursus
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Ursus »

Elder is a title earned yet sadly seldom given it's proper due respect. We are privledged to have your knowledge and experience at our disposal dear lady. I look forward to the coming changes and what it will bring to our circle.
"Lonely men are we, Rangers of the wild, hunters – but hunters ever of the servants of the Enemy."

“My cuts, short or long, don’t go wrong.”
Straelbora
Haeropada

Post by Straelbora »

I'm on the same trail, not too far behind.

But doing what you're doing at 60 means that you'll likely be doing it, albeit a bit slower, at 80, and not in a motorized chair at the seniors' center.
Vápnum sínum skala maðr velli á
feti ganga framar því at óvist er at vita
nær verðr á vegum úti geirs um þörf guma
Hávamál
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

But doing what you're doing at 60 means that you'll likely be doing it, albeit a bit slower, at 80, and not in a motorized chair at the seniors' center.
Well there's some needed encouragement to stick with it!

You're an inspiration E. :)
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Post by Eledhwen »

Thanks guys. :) I don't need encouragement really, I'm just a realist. Interests change, concerns about falling and breaking a hip are real, if not likely. I won't stop shooting archery, tracking, trailing, hunting, etc. However, more and more the pursuits of the Loremaster are ascendant. As for motorized chairs and senior homes..not happening. I'll lie down and will myself off if I get to where I cannot do the things I wish to do. When the time comes, I shan't be a burden, nor fight for every erg of life without quality. Not my style.

I plan to skid into the Otherworld at full tilt yelling and hollering "What a rush!"

Calendir.
Nandalad!