Primitive survival skills, and I do mean primitive.

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Elwindil
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Primitive survival skills, and I do mean primitive.

Post by Elwindil »

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAL3JX ... lZyD3nQdBA this fella here does all sorts of making things with only stone axes and other stone and wood tools. it's rather fascinating to watch, honestly. I don't know if any of it would be useful to us here, but it's entertaining at least.
Taurinor
Amrod Rhandir

Re: Primitive survival skills, and I do mean primitive.

Post by Taurinor »

His stuff is great! I've been following his channel for a while. His video on making a forge blower and smelting iron from bacteria especially blew my mind.
- Ned Houndswood, Breelander
Richmond Fantasy-Inspired Hiking and Camping (on WordPress and Facebook)
Kortoso
Haeropada

Post by Kortoso »

A great Youtube channel! He's very inspiring, even though he never talks. I guess he lets his skills do the talking. I'd be interested in his source of research, how he experiments and how much free tim that leaves him. :)

I'd be remiss if I left out my range buddy's Youtube channel. He's just starting out:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnkAbl ... e0Fxi12RBQ
There are no safe paths in this part of the world. Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild now, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go.
Taurinor
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Taurinor »

Kortoso wrote:A great Youtube channel! He's very inspiring, even though he never talks. I guess he lets his skills do the talking. I'd be interested in his source of research, how he experiments and how much free tim that leaves him.
He has a blog. I don't know if you'll find all of that information there, but it'd be a good place to look.
- Ned Houndswood, Breelander
Richmond Fantasy-Inspired Hiking and Camping (on WordPress and Facebook)