Pipe smoking

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Taurinor
Amrod Rhandir

Re: Pipe smoking

Post by Taurinor »

I really need to add a pipe to my kit, seeing as smoking pipeweed is Bree's one comtribution to Middle-earth culture!

As an aside, Rarnir and Derrek, I noticed this is the first topic y'all have posted in - you should start up a thread to introduce yourselves so we can welcome you properly!
- Ned Houndswood, Breelander
Richmond Fantasy-Inspired Hiking and Camping (on WordPress and Facebook)
Derrek321

Post by Derrek321 »

I had an old account and forgot all of my information ha ha. But I'd probably only posted less than 10 times anyways. I'm currently working on some kit so when I get it together I'll post some pictures.
Thanks for the welcome though!
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Greg wrote:The efficient way to go about that is to skip the whole "fire-lighting" step. JBook touched on this in an Edge of the Wild issue last year (Winter edition, I believe), but all you have to do is get a spark on your charred material with your flint & steel and toss the glowing ember in the top of your pipe. Put your flint over the mouth of the pipe to keep things from flying away, and then puff in and out rapidly on the pipe to get the ember glowing hot, lighting the top of your packed leaf. Works great.
Ah yes, I had forgotten about that! Yeah, that sounds pretty straightforward. I will have to try my hand at it sometime.
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

BTW I am starting to make some new pipes, let me know what it is you are looking for, I would truly enjoy making some very custom pipes for my Folk at Merf! A Dwarven pipe and the Halfling's leaf is a match blessed by the Valar!
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen: