Calm before the Storm

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Calm before the Storm

Post by Peter Remling »

Good Luck to our fellow rangers in the path of Irma. Our thoughts are with you.
Harper
Haeropada

Re: Calm before the Storm

Post by Harper »

Prayers, too.

Worth a read if your in the path:
http://www.theorganicprepper.ca/what-to ... e-09082017

Potable water will probably the most critical need after the event. If power is out, the pumps will be effected. Hopefully, they will have back up generators but they will depend fuel. Fill up your bath tubs--it can't hurt. It is essentially free. You can also fill up freezer Ziploc bags about 3/4 of the way and freeze them. This will prolong the life of the food in your refrigerator/freezer, is a way to store potable water and can be re-used. They cost maybe $5 for a box of them.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Instead of ziplocks for ice, buy the 2 1/2 gal water jugs. Squeeze out a 1/2 of water leaving out the air, freeze and just leave in the freezer. If your power goes out just use it to cool the food. It will last at least 4 days and you can drink the water if needed.

This won't help the folks in Florida as their grocery shelves have been empty for several days now, but it might help others north of Fl or others in the future.

Scott and Stella are in Central Fl as is my daughter Jess who just moved there a month ago.
Melthrist
Dúnadan

Post by Melthrist »

"Courage will now be your best defence against the storm that is at hand—that and such hope as I bring" - Gandalf

My thoughts go out to all of you in this time of need, and I wish you safety in the face of such danger.
A Elbereth Gilthoniel
silivren penna míriel
o menel aglar elenath!
Na-chaered palan-díriel
o galadhremmin ennorath,
Fanuilos, le linnathon
nef aear, sí nef aearon!
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

Amen. Hope you guys make it through in fine shape. I'm sure you'll make us proud. :)
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.