Dragons Wood Inn winter 2018 gathering?

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Straelbora
Haeropada

Dragons Wood Inn winter 2018 gathering?

Post by Straelbora »

Most of you have seen posts about my project of turning a 1930s house in central Indiana into a 'fantasy medieval inn.'

I had a big push in progresss last last summer, as my nephew and his friends did his bachelor's party at the Inn.

One of the things we did last summer was to pull a lot of old quarter inch plywood and gypsum panel walls, then installed insulation, a plastic barrier, and then took some old barn wood as the new interior walls. I've posted photos at www.facebook.com/dragonswoodinn. I've attached a few photos below.

Well, it seems things have paid off. A few years ago, I and two of my nephews 'camped' in the building in December during deer hunting season. Even with sheepskins and sleeping bags, it was cold to the bone. Today, although it was 12 degrees F outside, it was 38 degrees F inside- quite a triumph in making sure that the Inn is a four season establishment.

Anyway, I know that periodic gatherings usually center around hiking and hiking and hiking and camping outside and hiking and hiking and hiking....

But I'm wondering if anyone is interested in a weekend winter indoor activity. I've found that when I have a goal and know peole are coming, I really get a lot done at the Inn. The Inn is on 13 wooded, hilly acres where no one cares if you clump around with a sword or shoot arrows at Orc-shaped targets.
Vápnum sínum skala maðr velli á
feti ganga framar því at óvist er at vita
nær verðr á vegum úti geirs um þörf guma
Hávamál
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Re: Dragons Wood Inn winter 2018 gathering?

Post by Elleth »

Awesome progress!

I'm afraid my vacation time for winter is allocated, but.... any chance you'll be doing an early summer or fall moot this year? I'd love to get out and meet the Indy crew if there's enough time to plan. :)
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

I'm not sure my dance card has an overnighter in it this Winter, but I'm all kinds of down for a day event. Come spring, that's another story.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Straelbora
Haeropada

Post by Straelbora »

I could do a day event this winter; am planning on something for more than just Ranger types in the spring.
Vápnum sínum skala maðr velli á
feti ganga framar því at óvist er at vita
nær verðr á vegum úti geirs um þörf guma
Hávamál