just finished a present

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Elwindil
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

just finished a present

Post by Elwindil »

I just finished stitching together a late christmas present for my dad, a nice leather pouch for his meds so that they're easily available when he needs them instead of fumbling about in pockets for them. I used the rather nice hemp carriage thread and wax I got from tandy, it's well worth the money. thin, lightweight and strong as well as being tightly wound, works great for stitching up pretty much everything I'm going to be doing with it which is perfect.
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Re: just finished a present

Post by Ringulf »

That is a splendid and very thoughtful gift. We would love to see what you have done! Pictures are always welcome!
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Elwindil

Post by Elwindil »

sadly, the only camera I currently have is on my phone and I have no idea how to post picture attachments on the site. however, I will make the attempt to get pictures and try to figure out how to do so in the morning.
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

There are wizards among us who know the dark magic of photo attachments, perhaps we might implore them to give us, we who have not the magic, a small but current tutorial in the Dark arts of attachment! The evil Wizard Photobucket hath dealt us a mighty blow!
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Hemp carriage thread, huh? Don't think I've seen that at the local Tandy. I'll have to take a closer look!
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Ringulf wrote:There are wizards among us who know the dark magic of photo attachments, perhaps we might implore them to give us, we who have not the magic, a small but current tutorial in the Dark arts of attachment! The evil Wizard Photobucket hath dealt us a mighty blow!
:lol: Well, it works from my tablet so it should work from an android phone, here's what I do:

- Step 1: take photo and make sure the file size is small (I'm not sure what the limit is but I usually aim for less than 150 KiB
- Step 2: go into the attachments tab directly below the posting window
- Step 3: select 'Add files', the phone/tablet will then come up with a window, on android it is headed 'choose file to upload' I select documents, then the image
- Step 4: select 'place inline' and a HTML code thing appears , which becomes the image when you post

Hope this helps :P
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Elwindil

Post by Elwindil »

Manveruon, it's available on the website if the store doesn't have it. I'm sure they can get it in for you, it comes in multiple colors. I got it on sail, paid about 13USD for it, normally it's something closer to 25, but you get 100 yds of it, so that's pretty darn good. the wax is basically just white beeswax, which you can get any where honestly, but it was also on sale and I don't see myself going through the chunk of it any time soon.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Nice! Just looked it up! Not sure how I've never noticed it before! I will definitely have to try some out sometime!
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains