Most recently Ringulf

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Ringulf
Naugothrain

Most recently Ringulf

Post by Ringulf »

May I present to you my most recent likeness of Ringulf the Dwarven Ranger. If you can disregard the background and hight references around me it is rather convincing
26229517_1955998551082923_5010168050072371895_n.jpg
26229517_1955998551082923_5010168050072371895_n.jpg (143.6 KiB) Viewed 20228 times
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Re: Most recently Ringulf

Post by Ringulf »

BTW Thankyou Iodo your instructions worked to the letter!

Just to clarify, these were the instructions, posted here if one does not want to have to search for the sage advice!

: lol: Well, it works from my tablet so it should work from an android phone, here's what I do:

- Step 1: take photo and make sure the file size is small (I'm not sure what the limit is but I usually aim for less than 150 KiB
- Step 2: go into the attachments tab directly below the posting window
- Step 3: select 'Add files', the phone/tablet will then come up with a window, on Android, it is headed 'choose file to upload' I select documents, then the image
- Step 4: select 'place inline' and a HTML code thing appears , which becomes the image when you post

Hope this helps :P
Last edited by Ringulf on Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Brilliant kit Ringulf, totally looks the part :P
Ringulf wrote:BTW Thankyou Iodo your instructions worked to the letter!
Glad to be of service :lol:
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Looking Good, Love that layered sleeve look.
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

Thank you very much! This is an SCA event on the 6th of January, I love the cooler months as I can break out my kit and cool weather garb and look the part. In the SCA I play a Norseman and my name has finally been approved. I am now officially known as Ringulf "Hafdverg" Haakonson, my byname "Hafdverg" means Half Dwarf in Old Norse and was given to me by my friends and mentor because of my crafting skill (and a bit for the axe throwing!) Just about everything I am wearing I made save for the boots. The coat was a Goodwill find that is leather which I trimmed with fur and separated the sleeves at the elbow. This gave me a nice matching pair of long cuffed gloves that matched the coat with the same trim and also lets me wear a set of bracers or an archery bracer when I need it. The wide belt (5 3/4") with two Rune stamped 1" belts with Scandinavian buckles and some decorative steel plates is a new creation though I made it in March of last year. The new tunics both longsleeved undertunic and the short-sleeved overtunic was sewn by my lovely wife from period patterns and I added the trim. You can see my "Southern Ithilien" bamboo hip quiver which I have made several of and use for target shooting, my Hunting quiver, and matching possibles pouch was traded to our Brother Eric C, so that is a project I need to get back to though this time I am going to make it from a Lotro pattern that is referred to as a Sturdy Dwarven quiver. It is a rectangular back quiver with an arrow bag inside it that can hold several dozen arrows. I am trying to replace most of my faux fur trim a bit at a time I have a friend who raises rabbits and I have been collecting enough skins to replace most of the faux items. Sadly, I had my beautiful Rabbit fur hat from the Ukraine stolen at a LARP event, which breaks my heart but again it was a thrift store find and I have a very nice thrift found sealskin hat that I can use to replace it when it is recut. So on to my actual kit, this is the starting point for this year I hope to truly get my complete "Kit" write up before the year is over.
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

Oh that is nice... the trimmed coat especially just makes it!

It's no small help of course that your face is developing a great stoic craggy look. :mrgreen:
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

It seems I am mellowing with age and the face is no exception. It is never going to look any younger so I might as well capitalize on the "character".
I do my best to smash it on a flat rock or otherwise abuse it daily.
Last edited by Ringulf on Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taurinor
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Taurinor »

Ringulf wrote:If you can disregard the background and hight references around me it is rather convincing
Those can be fixed!
ringulf background edit.jpg
ringulf background edit.jpg (141.4 KiB) Viewed 20167 times
Not perfect (especially that shadow....), and I'm sure there are folks on the forum who could do better, but I figure it's more Middle-earth-ish than a truck in the background :mrgreen: I liked the roof, so I left it in, but I could take it out pretty easily. Could be fun to lay some Photoshop filters onto, as well.

I used this image to replace the background.
Last edited by Taurinor on Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Ned Houndswood, Breelander
Richmond Fantasy-Inspired Hiking and Camping (on WordPress and Facebook)
Harper
Haeropada

Post by Harper »

Very nice!
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

Nicely done Taurinor and many thanks for taking the time to do that! I will use this and I like the bit of roof structure too, it adds interest to the shot.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Ringulf wrote:May I present to you my most recent likeness of Ringulf the Dwarven Ranger. If you can disregard the background and hight references around me it is rather convincing26229517_1955998551082923_5010168050072371895_n.jpg.
I figured it was just some of your Dwarven clan. and the metal thing in the background was some sort of magical Dwarvish chariot? :lol:
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Always good to see you around the forums, Ringulf! I first saw you post this pic on Facebook, I think, and I'm really liking the look!
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
robinhoodsghost
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by robinhoodsghost »

Looks great as always Ringulf!
In the darkest part of Sherwoods glade, in the thickest part of the wood, there are those who say, can still be seen, the ghost of Robin Hood.