Medieval Faire

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Medieval Faire

Post by Eledhwen »

Well met.

From a Medieval Faire nearby this past weekend. Mutton & Mead. Enjoy, or not, as best suites you.

Eledhwenn
Nandalad!
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Re: Medieval Faire

Post by Elleth »

Cool!

... and oh shoot - I'd meant to go to that and got so wrapped up in chores I stopped looking at the calendar. Maybe next year.
Looks like fun!

Is it pretty staple Ren Faire acts/merchants/events/etc?
Any fun groups?
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Post by Eledhwen »

First, this was the first Faire of any kind I have gone to, despite decades of reenactment. So that said;

I am informed this is not really a Renn Faire, and it did not at all seem like what I had seen and heard from other people. Rather, it was a medieval faire. It is small, extremely well organized, and was all sorts of fun. I haven't had that much fun in a very, very, long time. :)

Yes there are actors and such, yet a fair bit of the goings on were interactive as well. I was quite taken with it all. There was a bowyer, falconer, archery range, smith, tavern, enchanted forest, gypsy grove, lots of awesome food and drink, jousting, Harper Hall, and so much cool stuff to browse and buy. I got some very nice goatskin gloves, aye. :)

I was invited there as a member of St. Hubert's Rangers when they first started in 2011 although I did not go. Pity. I've missed a grand time these last five years. I will assuredly go again next year if I am still in the area.

You can visit my FB page and see short clips of the jousting, the chariot, etc, if you like. Siani Overstreet, that is my page.

I had an awesome time, learned a goodly bit chatting with those of other practiioners, and the atmosphere was welcoming.

Eledhwen
Nandalad!
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

WOW, looks like you had a great time. I to spent some time at a medieval fair this past weekend, they're good fun, I'll see if I can post some pictures this evening
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.