I'm back and Wow! A Lot of Changes All Around! Warning: Pic Heavy

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Elendur Amloth
Wanderer

I'm back and Wow! A Lot of Changes All Around! Warning: Pic Heavy

Post by Elendur Amloth »

It's good to be back on the forum. I took a break for awhile but I did not stop Rangering. Left Facebook and now I'm on Ello. Ello markets itself for artists and what are we, if not artists? Some may remember me as Stormraven. I noticed a lot of red names here though so I guess a lot of people have left. Well perhaps they will come back like I did after a time. Thought I would post a few pics to show you guys what I've been up to and to let you know I'm currently working on a Ranger horse impression. I have two thoroughbreds so I will be doing what the Rangers of Ithilien did when they went to Caer Andros to mount their horses. Pics of that in the future. It's good to be back and I look forward to renewed fellowship. Mae govannen.
DSCF6352.JPG
DSCF6352.JPG
'I would see the White Tree in flower again in the courts of the kings, and the Silver Crown return, and Minas Tirith in peace. Minas Anor as of old, full of light, high and fair, beautiful as a queen among other queens, not a mistress of many slaves.'
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Re: I'm back and Wow! A Lot of Changes All Around! Warning: Pic Heavy

Post by Peter Remling »

Welcome back. Nice gear/garb. Waiting for the equestrian pics.
Elendur Amloth
Wanderer

Post by Elendur Amloth »

Thanks Peter. Good to see you're still here. I saw the red names and thought that meant the members had left. Good to know that is not the case. I did these photos around 100 pixels but they came out very small and one was mistakingly posted twice. Sorry about that.
'I would see the White Tree in flower again in the courts of the kings, and the Silver Crown return, and Minas Tirith in peace. Minas Anor as of old, full of light, high and fair, beautiful as a queen among other queens, not a mistress of many slaves.'
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Welcome back :P
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

How cool - welcome back!

Red names I believe means admin or site mod. :)

I can only see tiny versions of your pictures, but they look grand! I like the firelight one.
And of course I'm curious about your satchel and.... is that an encampment I see? poles?
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Elendur Amloth wrote:I saw the red names and thought that meant the members had left.
Red names are indicative of forum Administrators. If someone leaves, their name doesn't change unless they've been banned...and at present, the only banned members have been trolls, whose posts have all been removed.

Welcome back!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Elendur Amloth
Wanderer

Post by Elendur Amloth »

Thanks guys. I'm going to try and repost a few of these at different size and one where you can see the camp and pack better Elleth.
Attachments
DSCF4349.JPG
DSCF4349.JPG (135.2 KiB) Viewed 17305 times
DSCF6396.JPG
DSCF6396.JPG (221.06 KiB) Viewed 17305 times
DSCF4262.JPG
DSCF4262.JPG (250.12 KiB) Viewed 17305 times
30710149_432179387195362_6967006539789893632_o.jpg
30710149_432179387195362_6967006539789893632_o.jpg (238.47 KiB) Viewed 17305 times
Elendur Amloth
Wanderer

Post by Elendur Amloth »

Now that I've learned how to delete attachments, I've deleted the small pics and will add some back at a better size.
Attachments
DSCF6284.JPG
DSCF6284.JPG (217.29 KiB) Viewed 17303 times
DSCF6308.JPG
DSCF6308.JPG (242.43 KiB) Viewed 17303 times
IMG_20170128_173056691_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170128_173056691_HDR.jpg (45.51 KiB) Viewed 17303 times
DSCF6338.JPG
DSCF6338.JPG (251.17 KiB) Viewed 17303 times
DSCF6352.JPG
DSCF6352.JPG (213.49 KiB) Viewed 17303 times
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

These pics are much easier to see. Thanks for posting the larger size.

Is that the UC Boromir sword or The Mercenary by Windlass ?
Elendur Amloth
Wanderer

Post by Elendur Amloth »

Actually neither Peter. It's a Pakistan knockoff of the UC Boromir but I've found that it's pretty good quality overall. It does rust so that's a good sign. Haven't done any major chopping with it but it's much lighter weight than my Johann Schmidberger which is actually my favorite.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Elendur Amloth wrote:Actually neither Peter. It's a Pakistan knockoff of the UC Boromir but I've found that it's pretty good quality overall. It does rust so that's a good sign. Haven't done any major chopping with it but it's much lighter weight than my Johann Schmidberger which is actually my favorite.

Now there is a name from the past. I haven't heard his name in over 10 years. What sword do you have from him ?
Elendur Amloth
Wanderer

Post by Elendur Amloth »

The Austrian Masterpiece - hand and a half. I think a have a Ranger pic of it somewhere.... Yes, one from my early days. You can still see some of my farby stuff. :P
Attachments
DSCF3687.JPG
DSCF3687.JPG (255.59 KiB) Viewed 17281 times
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

WOW! Great pic's of great camp, and kit, thank you for reposting them larger :mrgreen:
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

Oh very cool - the pack is intersting: is it mounted on a belt then? I love seeing another solution to the "quiver and pack at once" problem! :)

The camp is cool: how big is your company?
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Elendur Amloth
Wanderer

Post by Elendur Amloth »

Thanks Elleth. Yeah, it's basically a glorified fanny pack but it's roomy enough for the essentials and doesn't get in the way. I usually don't take it off until I make camp but if I have to retrieve something in a hurry, I just have to spin it around on the belt to the side to see what's inside. I usually keep trail food, my pipe kit, honing and oil kit, sewing kit - things like that in there.

As to the Company, I wish I could say larger. Some of our members used to be on this forum - I think they're still registered but may not visit often. They were involved in a number of different types of historical reenactment - from the Colonial period to WWII and basically just didn't have much time for anything else. I used to be that way so I'm not faulting them. I've broken down my hobby into Middle-earth and the 1870's American West so I have more time than I used to. Just had to shed a few time periods. We were sort of subdivided by East and West Georgia - I in the East and they in the West. One of my fellow Rangers and I decided to split off as we were doing most of the Middle-earth Rangering so basically, right now, it's me and one other. I have hopes that I can find others in my area but it's a hard sell it seems. I even have enough equipment to fully equip 5 Rangers and still can't find any takers.

The camp itself is situated on my land. We have a number of small camping spots but this is the main one as it's by the pond and the horses. When we get really adventurous, we can settle down near the creek which is much more isolated. There's a permanent 4x4 structure for a 12"' x 24' tarp and where cotton canvas hammocks can be hung although I really prefer the ground myself. This camp in the pic is really equipment heavy - not what we do on a typical outing but we do Rangers in the Fourth Age after settlers came back to Ithilien so we figured that there might be such camps from time to time, esp. near a settlement or even Henneth Annun.