Living history survey request

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Odigan
Vendor

Living history survey request

Post by Odigan »

Are you a reenactor or living historian? Whether you eschew one term and embrace the other or use them interchangeably, each has widely come to be synonymous among the public with battle and war. And frankly, to perform a related image search it is easy to see why. Overwhelmingly, we see individuals and groups armed and preparing for or engaged in conflict, from all levels of professionalism and regardless of era (real or imagined).

I've long been curious about the personal experiences of those who portray combatants, beyond the anecdotal, and am considering a brief writeup on the matter. Certainly, some of the earliest reenactments were portrayed by veterans, often of the very same engagements they presented. How often is this the case today? A very limited NPS survey from 1999 (only 63 respondents) gives veteran involvement in reenactor use of National parks at 30% (70% having no military experience). I am looking for a larger and more specific data set than that, so, should you care to, I would appreciate it if you could help me out and take a minute or two and complete this survey: Living History Impressions
caedmon
Balku'npâ

Re: Living history survey request

Post by caedmon »

So are you looking for any reenactor who will take the survey, or just military impressions/veterans?

I'm in neither category, but will take the survey if it helps. I'll also pass it onto my primary living history group which has an WMA/HEMA auxiliary.
-Jack Horner

----------------------------
Impression: Cædmon Reedmace | bronze founder living in Archet, Breeland. c. 3017
Odigan
Vendor

Re: Living history survey request

Post by Odigan »

By all means, please pass it along. The survey is brief (1-2 minutes) and the target is any reenactor regardless of impression or background.