Introduction

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Steve b
Dúnadan

Introduction

Post by Steve b »

Hi All

New to the forum, so I thought I'd post a bit of an intro. I found the site when searching for French and Indian War ranger info. I've been re-enacting for 30 years in a number of different periods, mostly 16th/17th/18th centuries. I'm a bit done with some of what I've been doing, so trekking with sword and bow instead of musket looks like an interesting change. I'm in the process of switching kit around and backdating a few items. Went to an SCA event over Memorial Day and spent most of the time re-aquainting myself with the longbow. So I'm looking forward to talking with you gentlemen, learning from you, and sharing ideas.

Cheers,
Steve
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Greetings Steve,
Glad to have you aboard. I believe you'll learn much here as I do every day. I look forward to seeing you get involved in the conversations. Look around, check the place out. Sit back, relax and let us hear from you.
Eric C.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Welcome Steve!
hesinraca
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by hesinraca »

Hey Steve.

I'm not far ahead of you time wise, but this is a solid group of guys, so you will be more then welcome here.
-Cedric (Hesin Raca)
winterwolfforge.com
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Steve, I just noticed where you're located. There are three of of within an easy drive to you. A few of us are going to try to attend the New York Renaisance Fair in Tuxedo later this year. I've met a good few people at the Renfair via www.Swordforum.com in the past so with a few of us and a few from SFI we can have a pretty good showing of sharp and pointies.

We'll be posting a timeframe here so you're more than welcome.
Gareth
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Gareth »

Last edited by Gareth on Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

Welcome Steve. Great bunch here so I'm sure you'll feel (If you don't already that is) Right at home.
Winter is coming
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Steve,
You didn't by chance do some earlier matchlocks era demos with the Halfmoon in Peekskill about 8-9 years ago ?
Steve b
Dúnadan

Post by Steve b »

That would have been me, yes. I still work as gunner on the Halfmoon when I can, but matching my other re-enactment schedule( Royal Irish Artillery and some pirate stuff), doesn't match well with the ship schedule.

Steve
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Well then we've met. I used to do some volunteer crew work on the Halfmoon for about 5 years during that time frame. You and several others (some dressed as Native Americans) did a demo with a small deck gun mounted on a small boat. You had mentioned you worked on a Historic Museum farm on Long Island if I remember correctly.
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

Can anyone say small world?
Winter is coming