Wiki Announcements

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

caedmon
Balku'npâ

Wiki Announcements

Post by caedmon »

Ok, I'm looking into software to do the wiki, if anyone has preferences let me know. I'm leaning toward Mediawiki (what wikipedia runs on) but with a better editing interface, and with a good image upload facility.

As for organization, any thoughts?

I like Peter's idea here. Each primary editor takes a topic or board and begins to fill it out.

Would anyone be averse to an authenticity rating system? Interest in historical analogs on this forum ranges between extreme to not at all. How someone interprets their own kit is, as always, up to them, a multi-part rating system might be a good way for people to gauge where an article lies? I'm thinking of two factors: Historical Accuracy (HA) & Tolkien Accuracy (TA). For example a pattern welded seax would hit high on the HA scale but low on TA, but the Cold Steam Seax conversions rates low (but still really neat) on both. A clay gouda pipe would hit high on both.
-Jack Horner

----------------------------
Impression: Cædmon Reedmace | bronze founder living in Archet, Breeland. c. 3017
caedmon
Balku'npâ

Re: Who's up for a wiki?

Post by caedmon »

Ok, A wiki has been created: http://ranger.budgetauthenticity.org/

It is operational and has had basic configuration, but is not done. Feel free to kick the tires, but... beware things are subject to change for a while.

I hope to build a authentication bridge (so we don't have to do maintain lots of different logins), do a compatible skin/theme, add a more useable editor, and some other stuff. At this point I have assigned a Creative Commons Share Alike license to the site and it's content, but we can talk about that if anyone want to. I will make everyone who has responded to this thread to this point an Administrator, which mostly means that you can import content.
-Jack Horner

----------------------------
Impression: Cædmon Reedmace | bronze founder living in Archet, Breeland. c. 3017