The Ranger Wiki's Andy Archive

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Eric C
Vendor

Re: The Ranger Wiki's Andy Archive

Post by Eric C »

Peter Remling wrote:Diane is an MD and around the time she stopped posting she moved to the Northwest and as I recall sold off her Atrim 1562 ? She had it named Sturmsomethingor other. It's a shame, she was also selling custom leather cloak/tunics (her own design).

See I'm not as senile as you thought ! :)

Oh no, Pete! We don't think you're senile! We'd never think anything like that. Just leave my Geratol alone, got it!? lol
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Jonathan B.
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Jonathan B. »

Peter Remling wrote:Diane is an MD and around the time she stopped posting she moved to the Northwest and as I recall sold off her Atrim 1562 ? She had it named Sturmsomethingor other. It's a shame, she was also selling custom leather cloak/tunics (her own design).

See I'm not as senile as you thought ! :)
Wow I haven't thought about Diane in years. She was calling the tunic/cape/duster a Tunape right?
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

[quote

:)[/quote]
Wow I haven't thought about Diane in years. She was calling the tunic/cape/duster a Tunape right?[/quote]

Yep, I had forgotten what she called it, Thanks
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

I dug up a few new photos I hadn't seen on Andy's site...they never made it up on MERanger.com, but they were posted in a thread in the old "Fellowship for Tolkien Mythological Studies" subforum at SwordForum International, before that section of the site was closed down. These two photos aren't groundbreaking...just two new angles of kit assemblies we've already seen from Andy, and they're now at the very bottom of this page:

http://ranger.budgetauthenticity.org/in ... rek_photos

They're the last two photos, which are 1) of Andy in his Oilcloth tunic+Hood, from a new angle (with the hood up) and 2) a rear view of Andy in his shorter watchcloak, with his quiver on. I didn't recall seeing them before, but they're part of the permanent collection now.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Once again, I unearthed two more of Andy's photos that I've never seen before, which were never posted on his website. I believe they were only ever posted where I found them, in a thread talking about the general appearance of the Dunedain, on Sword Forum international. They are similar in theme; one is of Andy from his days Ranging during his time stationed in Germany, and the other is of the late Paul Champagne, from their time Ranging together in Colorado. Both show Rangers holding bows, from the side, and both give good views of their quiver pouch setups.

They're both now posted at the very bottom of the Andy: Trek Photos page on the Wiki in the Andy archive. Enjoy!
Kortoso
Haeropada

Post by Kortoso »

Is it possible that Andy's kit page could be listed alongside all the other kit pages instead of its own separate area? Just an idea :)
There are no safe paths in this part of the world. Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild now, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go.
caedmon
Balku'npâ

Post by caedmon »

Kortoso wrote:Is it possible that Andy's kit page could be listed alongside all the other kit pages instead of its own separate area? Just an idea :)
I think we want to keep Andy's stuff as special, but... There's no reason we can't also link to his stuff in the kits section. You volunteering to do that?
-Jack Horner

----------------------------
Impression: Cædmon Reedmace | bronze founder living in Archet, Breeland. c. 3017
Kortoso
Haeropada

Post by Kortoso »

Of course, but I'd like to have consensus on something like this. :)
There are no safe paths in this part of the world. Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild now, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go.
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Post by Eledhwen »

I have no problem with linking to it in the kits section. I do think it should be treated as special, however. Those were interesting discussions, when he was still about. I liked his take on things. Still do.
Nandalad!
caedmon
Balku'npâ

Post by caedmon »

Kortoso wrote:Of course, but I'd like to have consensus on something like this. :)
Fair enough, I can be cavalier about changes. My opinion is that if we keep the Andy Archive together, and link to it from other places it only becomes more useful.
-Jack Horner

----------------------------
Impression: Cædmon Reedmace | bronze founder living in Archet, Breeland. c. 3017
Greg

Post by Greg »

We can certainly link to it from other places, but I will say that if we're talking about adding it to the "Complete Kits" section of the wiki, his stuff just isn't in the right context to be in that area. I'm not willing to write up more detailed descriptions of his stuff to put it in that context, because that section is really just meant to be personal. Unless Andy becomes active again and is willing to write up a detailed breakdown for his own stuff, the Completed Kits section just isn't the place for it.

Linking it to various other areas, however, feel free. Cross-referencing our own stuff between various topics will just help lead people further down the rabbit hole of the wiki, which is always good!