The Ranger Wiki's Andy Archive

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

The Ranger Wiki's Andy Archive

Post by Greg »

Alrighty, I've gotten about 70% of it up and posted to the wiki. On the main page's table of contents, click on the appropriate link, or just scroll down to the bottom and you'll see the little section dedicated to his material there. The first three pages of material are done, the last two are coming as time allows. The trek photos page will really be full, but they're all pretty loaded with photographs, so if you have a slow connection, beware.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Re: The Ranger Wiki's Andy Archive

Post by Ringulf »

Thank you good Sir! your efforts on this project are much appreciated, and I am sure they are going to be of great benefit to the forum! :mrgreen:
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Greg

Post by Greg »

Alrighty, the "Andy: Patterns" and "Andy: Treks" pages have been completed, and a few more images I missed have been added to the "Andy: Hard Kit" and "Andy: Arms & Armour" pages. Should be essentially complete.
Laothain
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Laothain »

Thanks Greg for getting that up there I love Andy's work! I don't want to sound inconsiderate but my I ask what happened to him?
Greg

Post by Greg »

Andy has a career in the military, so our loose understanding is that he was whisked off to a place where he was unable to use the internet for awhile. Seeing as how it's been a bit longer than that sort of reason typically would have been, my guess at this point is that family, children, and other personal things have simply distanced him from the hobby a bit. He may pop back up again, he may not. We appreciate the time he spent, and are happy to learn from him.
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Post by Eledhwen »

It is good to see Andys' pics and projects. It is good indeed.

Eledhwen
Nandalad!
Greg

Post by Greg »

Nice to hear from someone who I know knew the old site well and could appreciate this. Glad you like it.
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Post by Eledhwen »

I do. A pity that one photo of the redhead woman with the coiled whip and bow isn't still around. I have no idea who she was, obviously someone Andy knew, but she was the only woman in the pictures. I once had a copy of it, two computers ago. So much was lost; we are fortunate so much was retained.

Excellent job. :)

Eledhwen
Nandalad!
Laothain
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Laothain »

That we are I love the pictures that you have all posted. His quiver alone has given me some good ideas to include into mine.
Greg

Post by Greg »

I know who you're talking about, Eledhwen...I believe we've discussed that pic in a PM at one point. Her name is Diane Mirro...she is a Moderator at Sword Forum International, and used to post in Andy's (and other's) threads.
She linked this gallery in a thread started by Eric C. over there about 7 years ago...hope that helps.

That specific image you're talking about from Andy's page which was captioned there as "Looking for Tracks" seems to have disappeared, though.
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Post by Eledhwen »

Those are some excellent pics. Pity the old one is gone, if only for nostalgias' sake. :)

Thanks!

Eledhwen
Nandalad!
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

his page led me here and I was so happy to get to see it up and running. I was also here while andy was still active and that was great to be apart of also.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Greg wrote:I know who you're talking about, Eledhwen...I believe we've discussed that pic in a PM at one point. Her name is Diane Mirro...she is a Moderator at Sword Forum International, and used to post in Andy's (and other's) threads.
She linked this gallery in a thread started by Eric C. over there about 7 years ago...hope that helps.

That specific image you're talking about from Andy's page which was captioned there as "Looking for Tracks" seems to have disappeared, though.

Man Greg, you've got a good memory! I had forgotten about that. It was a good thread too as I now recall.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Greg

Post by Greg »

I came across her awhile back when I was digging through all of the old Ranger posts of SwordForum. I pulled that thread up in a search for Diane's posts on the subject for the purpose of Eledhwen's question, and regurgitated that information as a result. No, I don't memorize 7-year-old threads. That'd be a little weird, and I could probably take that skill to the bank.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Diane is an MD and around the time she stopped posting she moved to the Northwest and as I recall sold off her Atrim 1562 ? She had it named Sturmsomethingor other. It's a shame, she was also selling custom leather cloak/tunics (her own design).

See I'm not as senile as you thought ! :)