Northman subforum?

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Darnokthemage
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Northman subforum?

Post by Darnokthemage »

With the pace at which Rhovanion/Northmen topics gets discussed i think it might be time that we get outown small subforum/section? Might be good to make it a general Rhovanion section, ad many of the things are not limited to the Northmen.
Artist, larper and history lover.
Iodo
Thangailhir

Re: Northman subforum?

Post by Iodo »

On this topic, my vote is for an "All things Dwarven" subforum :mrgreen:

although I have to remember the forum is geared towards rangers and we have the "Other Free Folk" subforum
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

There are more Dwarf personas on the forum then any other except Rangers. They also are one of the most interesting. If it comes to a vote, you have mine !

I can see specialized sub forums for others as well.
Darnokthemage

Post by Darnokthemage »

Would be good! The forum has expanded to include a lot more then just the Rangers. :)
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

My thoughts on the matter run similarly as they did when we instituted the Other free folk sub forum...the forum exists with Rangers as its starting point but should cater welcomingly to other races/cultures. At that time, the need for other free folk was less focused than it has become now.

That being said, we have a rather large number of sub forums already, so in the interest of not becoming a difficult-to-navigate forum page (that scrolls on endlessly), I'd personally prefer to keep things a little more generalized than that specific of a sub forum.

To that end, I feel like we could divide up the "Other Free Folk" sub to accommodate where we are at present, by splitting it into three primary races: Elves, Free Men, and Dwarves. This would allow for the organization we're after without eventually landing ourselves with a sub forum for every corner of Middle-earth, down to separating Minas Tirith from Dol Amroth.

How do we feel about that?
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Works for me !
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Greg wrote:we could divide up the "Other Free Folk" sub to accommodate where we are at present, by splitting it into three primary races: Elves, Free Men, and Dwarves.

I think we would need an other category as well
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Darnokthemage

Post by Darnokthemage »

Evil Peoples? Or maybe Hobbits, they are quite a different folk.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Iodo wrote:
Greg wrote:we could divide up the "Other Free Folk" sub to accommodate where we are at present, by splitting it into three primary races: Elves, Free Men, and Dwarves.

I think we would need an other category as well
Five minutes after writing it, I was like "D'oh...Hobbits".

EDIT/UPDATE: Made a tweak. Let's give it a go and see if it fits current needs. I found it interesting as I moved topics around to see how many topics actually existed for each race in the "Other Free Folk" Sub. As I expected, nobody has really given a hoot about the elves...*chuckle*
Darnokthemage

Post by Darnokthemage »

:lol: Just need permission to be able to see it now!
Greg

Post by Greg »

This happens Every. Single. Time. we do this. Working on it!
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Nice job, thanks for that :P I'm guessing that any kit posts and such can go in there as well, even though it's called culture, and "hobbits and other free folk..." is for anything that doesn't fit into the categories?
Greg

Post by Greg »

You can post kit stuff in there if you'd like, but they're all named "Culture" for a reason! I'd say we use them for culture-specific discussion, and then when you make a new piece of kit, you throw it in the hard kit, soft kit, or weapons and armor section. We aren't kicking non-Rangers out of our standard sub-forums!
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Greg wrote:You can post kit stuff in there if you'd like, but they're all named "Culture" for a reason! I'd say we use them for culture-specific discussion, and then when you make a new piece of kit, you throw it in the hard kit, soft kit, or weapons and armor section. We aren't kicking non-Rangers out of our standard sub-forums!
Then I've been doing it wrong for ages anyway, my kit stuff has gone in "Other Free Folk" since the board opened, never mind :P
Greg

Post by Greg »

It's all good! Be that as it may, if anyone asks for pouch ideas, I usually link them to the Hard Kit forum, so... ;)