Finally! the Anthem of my People!

From the Blue Mountains to the Iron Hills...

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Ringulf
Naugothrain

Finally! the Anthem of my People!

Post by Ringulf »

I was introduced to this song this week by my young nephew who is into minecraft, and now I can' get it out of my head!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytWz0qVvBZ0

Then I find this!!

Come on Brothers sing with me! :mrgreen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1hg5uMW-kc

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :shock: :mrgreen: :shock: :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Eothain
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Re: Finally! the Anthem of my People!

Post by Eothain »

I needed a new tune to go 'round and 'round in my brain!
This is actually really catchy, thanks for sharing Ringulf!
...in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

That was so awesome!

Ken
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Post by Eledhwen »

Now there's an amusing song! :) Thank you.

If Dwarven women weren't bearded I'd probably have more interest than I do. As it is, my Warhammer Fantasy Battle army is Dwarfs. Whacking great gang of them too...including war machines and indeed, fortresses. ;) Goes way back to Warhammer Siege 3e...the Defense of Caraz Lumbar and the Lay of Quango Lipstrangle. I have three of those old styrofoam Mighty Fortress sets, some heavily modified with hoarding and whatnot. Used to play a lot.

Oh well.

Eledhwen (aka Torra on Bugmans' Brewery; she commands at Ankor Rinn)
Nandalad!
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

That is so cool! I have always enjoyed the very different Dwarven concepts in Warhammer. And I think that there has been a very nice shift in concept about bearded Dwarven women. The wisp of fluff down the cheek or jawline and the demure beading and curling are not unatractive at all in my line of thinking. but I was never enamored of the whole "Barbie Doll" beauty criteria. I have found greater beauty in women who are both strong and curvacious. However IMHO the insides are always much more of a distinguishing factor than the outsides! :mrgreen:
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Post by Eledhwen »

The option for no beard at all would be nice. I do not recall a single mention of bearded Dwarven women in the Silmarillion, although I do not have it memorized so there might be.

Warhammer Fantasy does have beardless female dwarfs...who are warriors too, rather unlike Tolkiens' works on the matter. Warhammer Fantasy allowed me a kind of outlet for an interest in Dwarves other than the usual sort.

Eledhwen
Nandalad!