Laketown Muster

From Numenor to Far Harad...

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

caedmon
Balku'npâ

Laketown Muster

Post by caedmon »

Are you a subject of Girion in Golden Dale beside the Mountain? Are you a hardy Laketowner setting out with King Bard to reclaim former glory? A defender of Dale and Erebor agaist the rapine of the Easterlings?

Tell us about it.
-Jack Horner

----------------------------
Impression: Cædmon Reedmace | bronze founder living in Archet, Breeland. c. 3017
jbook
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Re: Laketown Muster

Post by jbook »

I am Deverell of Dale, son of Renfrew of Lake-Town. My father lived in Lake-Town and witnessed first hand the destruction of Smaug. He returned with King Bard to rebuild Dale. He was born in 2921 T.A. and married at the age of 20. He had 3 sons and and shortly after the third was born their mother died. When he was 75 years of age he wed my mother who was much younger than he. I was born in 2997 T.A. My father is still alive at the age of 96. I grew up and Dale and at the age of 16 joined the Dale Company, a small patrol that keeps the borders of Dale protected. At 20 I have been made Captain of small border garrison on the edge of Mirkwood. My horses name is Vanora. She is blind after a blow to the head in combat. She now trust's me completely for I am her eyes. She has been my friend through many dangers (Gandalf movie quote). My company consists of myself and a friend (to be named later because he has not picked a name). We have been fighting off company's of Orc from Dol Guldur aided by Wood Elves of Mirkwood. The year is 3017. I feel a war is coming like we have never seen. Rangers of The North, we would be honored to die by your side!
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

Well met then, Deverell of Dale! Let us hope that we will stand victorious when the cloud of war blows away, well do we Dunedain know of the struggle against the Enemy, and I fear that the Free Peoples of Dale and the Lonely Mountain will suffer a great trial soon, and that the finest hour of all our peoples is yet to come. But take rest now, and share in the fellowship of our small band, for while the Shadow looms, it is but a passing thing 8)
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

They call me Thrandin Darkwater, don't mind the raven, he is tame as long as you don't get your fingers too close. I just came off a three year hitch watchin the backside of the Lonely mountain in a guardhouse that my comrades and I had to totally rebuild when we was not on duty, by order of His high and mightyness King Dain, may his beard grow ever longer.

I came to Dale for a bit of R&R if you know what I mean. They didn't mind so much letting an old Dwarf like me go, ranger or not, but my Raven?...He is too valuable, has hightened senses and the ability to communicate messages over far distances, blah blah blah, They don't realize he is just a halfwit, talking bird who steals anything that catches his fancy and eats all my jerky!
But I have had him since I was a beardling so I guess it makes us friends or brothers or some such nonsense.

Actually I was thinking about getting out of here for a while, mabye go west over the mountains or south. I hear they are having need of Rangers in either place and it would be a lot better than having icicles formin' on my dwarven butt, sittin' on the dark side of a mountain I aint aloud in cause I gotta watch for the next scaley bastard of a wyrm wantin to pounce on a pile 'o gold!
Gold I aint never gonna see, touch or spend in my lifetime!!
Ah don't listen to me, I'm in my cups and feelin sorry for m'self.

Well what do you say Croaker, wanna go find a place to roost for the night?...What?... ah no his name is really "Crohack" but I calls him croaker cause that's all he does, just sits there croakin at me for some damn thing or the other.

Well you have a pleasant evenin' and I hope to find a reason to leave this place soon and not see any of ya again for a while, but it was nice talkin with ya...
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen: