DWARVEN BEER!

From the Blue Mountains to the Iron Hills...

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

DWARVEN BEER!

Post by Greg »

It's time. Fantasy Brew Masters is holding a contest to come up with the winning recipe for Dwarven Beer. I don't know much about brewing, so you'll have to read for yourself.

http://www.fantasybrewmasters.com/dwarf-brew-2010

The reason that I'm especially excited about this, is that the guys from the Mad Dwarf Workshop happen to currently be working on "a project with Fantasy Brew masters." Don't know what this means yet, but it can only be a good thing.

Dwarven Stouts all around! I'm no big drinker, but I'm gonna have to try this when it comes out. It's just too funny...right up there with that company that makes genuine "Longbottom Leaf". A long-awaited surprise.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Re: DWARVEN BEER!

Post by Eledhwen »

Fascinating!

My lass brews; ales mostly, but also meads. She makes this nut brown ale that is just fantastic. I don't drink much but hers is the brew I generally turn to.

I'll be pointing her in this direction. Thanks!

Eledhwen
Nandalad!
RikJohnson
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by RikJohnson »

drat, I'm no beer brewer but I do an EXCELLENT Mead. one bottle of my 1992 that I gave to my daughter was getting ,multiple $500 offers and a $1200 offer from Austria!

I keep thinking of doing beer.

Dwarven beer would be brewed undergroud so I think would includes mosses, mushrooms, etc.
Those who give up a little freedom in place of a little security will soon discover that they possess neither.
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

How did this all turn out? I am interested if anything came of it, somehow I missed this post.
I am not a a big drinker due to the problems it causes with my blood sugars, but I love beers, ales, and Mead of all kinds. I enjoy a bit now and then and it seems that because I don't embibe as often it makes it that much more of a treat to sample a bottle now and again, just like a good puff on my pipes!
I have a lot of friends in the SCA who are brewers, mostly mead, but there are other more accomplished folk here that do the rest as well as a few Vintners.
There is a large homebrewing store right in town that I have been saying I have to check out...may be a mistake but it fascinates me all the same! :wink:
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen: