Summer 2016 available now!

MiddleEarthRangers.org has graciously provided this space for the Middle Earth Reenactment Society for purposes of archiving/presenting their newsletter, and to keep our community informed on Society-specific happenings.

Moderator: Greg

Udwin
Vendor

Summer 2016 available now!

Post by Udwin »

Folks, I am very proud to announce the Summer 2016 issue of the new and improved Middle-earth Reenactment Society's quarterly publication, Edge of the Wild--featuring fifteen pages of meaty Tolkien-livinghistory goodness all for your reading enjoyment--is available for download now! (Infinite thanks to Jack for his generous hosting here at middleearthrangers.org!)

In the coming days, we'll be posting the individual articles as separate threads, in order to open them up for further discussions with the community here...but for now, check it out and give it a read!
Personae: Aistan son of Ansteig, common Beorning of Wilderland; Tungo Brandybuck, Eastfarthing Bounder, 3018 TA; a native Man of the Greyflood, c.850 SA
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Re: Summer 2016 available now!

Post by Greg »

Austin, you did a phenomenal job putting this issue together.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

Yes - you've outdone yourself! Thank you!
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Udwin
Vendor

Post by Udwin »

I must say, I'm ridiculously pleased with how professional-looking the final product turned out. O the benefits of having up-to-date publishing software for once (courtesy of my university).
And thanks to you fine folks for your contributions, of course! I can't wait to see what our next issue holds.
Personae: Aistan son of Ansteig, common Beorning of Wilderland; Tungo Brandybuck, Eastfarthing Bounder, 3018 TA; a native Man of the Greyflood, c.850 SA
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Very professional and interesting. Well done all!
Valjuen
Wayfarer

Post by Valjuen »

Very well done!
As dead flies cause the perfumer’s oil to stink and bubble, so a little foolishness outweighs wisdom and glory. - Ecc 10:1
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Wonderful! I will share this around to everyone I can think of! It came out beautifully! Very informative also! I especially like the tutorials. Hopefully one day I might have the privilege of contributing something myself.

Nice work, folks! Keep it up!
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Taurinor
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Taurinor »

I have to echo Greg and Elleth - the formatting is great! I love the little tidbits of info interspersed with the longer articles! Gives the whole thing a wonderful flow.
- Ned Houndswood, Breelander
Richmond Fantasy-Inspired Hiking and Camping (on WordPress and Facebook)
Cinead
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Cinead »

I love stuff like this!

How can I access Issue 1?
Here I stand...unbowed, unbent, unbroken.
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
caedmon
Balku'npâ

Post by caedmon »

I've started an official list. It should be locked, so discussions should be in separate threads. BTW, was this a boot or a reboot? I vaguely remember a an issue or two from a couple years ago.
-Jack Horner

----------------------------
Impression: Cædmon Reedmace | bronze founder living in Archet, Breeland. c. 3017
Udwin
Vendor

Post by Udwin »

caedmon wrote:I've started an official list. It should be locked, so discussions should be in separate threads. BTW, was this a boot or a reboot? I vaguely remember a an issue or two from a couple years ago.
Excluding Jake's blog(s), it was more of a rebranding/expansion of editorial staff...the first ('Spring '16') issue from February was released as Into the Wild, Summer 16 and future rotating-editor issues are Edge of the Wild. (Official list thread should probably reflect that--'MERS newsletter repository' or something)
caedmon
Balku'npâ

Post by caedmon »

Udwin wrote:
Excluding Jake's blog(s), it was more of a rebranding/expansion of editorial staff...the first ('Spring '16') issue from February was released as Into the Wild, Summer 16 and future rotating-editor issues are Edge of the Wild. (Official list thread should probably reflect that--'MERS newsletter repository' or something)
Oh! Thanks for the clarification. Changes made, anything else I can help with?
-Jack Horner

----------------------------
Impression: Cædmon Reedmace | bronze founder living in Archet, Breeland. c. 3017
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

...Iiiiiiiyy think we're good!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.