MERF Random Adventure Pictures

Whether new to the forum, or completely new to the community, herein you will find the best information to-date to help you get started on the right foot with that dangerous business of going out your door.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Re: MERF Random Adventure Pictures

Postby Elleth » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:04 pm

That looks like a grand time!

I especially like the rock wall. Do you know more of the story? Was it only a retaining wall against the hillside for the road? Or was something else there once?
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Iodo
Haeropada

Postby Iodo » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:36 pm

Eofor wrote:I will never cease to be envious of the countryside and forests you get to explore Iodo.

I guess I'm lucky to live here :P

Eofor wrote:There was a particularly clever troll (which isn't saying much) known as The Scourge of the Eryn Vorn. The tale goes that he would block the forest road with fallen trees and snatch up unwary travelers as they clambered over his obstacles. His tactic was so successful that travelers eventually avoided the woods altogether and he resorted to preying on the local villages.

That I didn't know, I'll have to go more careful next time :lol:

Elleth wrote:I especially like the rock wall. Do you know more of the story? Was it only a retaining wall against the hillside for the road? Or was something else there once?

your guess is correct, it's a retaining wall against the bank, the road that once passed through it has almost completely been claimed by the trees - I guess people must have stopped using it because of the troll I've now learnt of :mrgreen: , now that part of the woods is a long way from the nearest track and I often wonder how many people even know of the old roads existence, I once searched a map from 60 years ago out of curiosity and it wasn't marked
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
BrianGrubbs
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Postby BrianGrubbs » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:58 pm

theowl wrote:Took my halfling to joshua tree national park for the first time. Does anyone else still have their MERF t shirt?

Absolutely! I break it out for special occasions :-)

Brian
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Return to “Getting Started”