MERF Random Adventure Pictures

Whether new to the forum, or completely new to the community, herein you will find the best information to-date to help you get started on the right foot with that dangerous business of going out your door.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Manveruon
Thangailhir

Re: MERF Random Adventure Pictures

Post by Manveruon »

Yeah, things are getting pretty bad again here in Colorado, and I'm a bit concerned we're headed back to that situation ourselves. I feel for you, Iodo! Hopefully that will help take things in hand again over there and you'll be able to get out and enjoy the wilderness again soon! Meanwhile, that does look absolutely beautiful! I hope you were able to enjoy some of it at least before locking down again.
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Eofor
Haeropada

Post by Eofor »

I've been super busy but here is some scenery from the last overnighter for the year. 12 miles of really hard track then dinner and a rough camp.

Now it's time to settle in for a summer of sewing.

But the white fury of the Northmen burned the hotter, and more skilled was their knighthood with long spears and bitter. Fewer were they but they clove through the Southrons like a fire-bolt in a forest.
Taylor Steiner
Haeropada

Post by Taylor Steiner »

Awesome!
Frodo lives!
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Oh wow! What beautiful vistas! And what a gorgeous camp knife you have there as well!
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Amazing photo's :P
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

... so I'm technically locked down but

Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

Oh, that camp looks gloriously comfy! (I'm jealous of that dinner to!)

And Iodo, congratulations on escaping lockdown. :)
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Eofor
Haeropada

Post by Eofor »

Manveruon wrote:Oh wow! What beautiful vistas! And what a gorgeous camp knife you have there as well!
Thanks Manv but I've come to the conclusion that no matter where I go Iodos landscapes will always trump mine. The knife is one of Gulli's and it's a bit too chunky for peeling veggies but it is lovely! :mrgreen:
Elleth wrote:Oh, that camp looks gloriously comfy! (I'm jealous of that dinner to!)
After 13 miles of clambering up and down ravines I could have slept on a rock! It rained in the night too but as long as we didn't move much under the blankets we stayed damp but not soaked. We considered having a cold dinner given how tired we were but theres something essential about a fire and if you're having a fire you may as well cook some stew. No taters though and I forgot to put the turnip in.
But the white fury of the Northmen burned the hotter, and more skilled was their knighthood with long spears and bitter. Fewer were they but they clove through the Southrons like a fire-bolt in a forest.
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Eofor wrote: Thanks Manv but I've come to the conclusion that no matter where I go Iodos landscapes will always trump mine
I'm not so sure about that, the forest in your photo's looks amazing :P
Will o’ the Wild
Wayfarer

Post by Will o’ the Wild »

Hmm, seems like maybe Iodo figured out “half an hour drive” is a variable distance ... depending on how fast you drive.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Will o’ the Wild wrote:Hmm, seems like maybe Iodo figured out “half an hour drive” is a variable distance ... depending on how fast you drive.
HAH! :lol:

Unfortunately I had to cancel my planned outing for today because they recently tightened restrictions here in Colorado so that any given gathering could include no more than ten people from no more than two households. We only had 5 people, but they were from 4 households. In the end, I could have asked one of the others to still join me, but I felt that was unfair to the folks who would inevitably be left out.

Everything is frustrating. :/
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Will o’ the Wild wrote:Hmm, seems like maybe Iodo figured out “half an hour drive” is a variable distance ... depending on how fast you drive.
precisely :lol:
Cimrandir
Haeropada

Post by Cimrandir »

Eofor wrote:Thanks Manv but I've come to the conclusion that no matter where I go Iodos landscapes will always trump mine.
Ah, I absolutely love the beauty of exposed rock outcroppings in the hills and you have a great deal of those. Awesome pictures!

Iodo, I also love your photos. Congrats on escaping to the wild - if only for a short while. That hounds-tooth pattern tunic you made looks positively Dwarvish with that background!
Persona : Cimrandir - late 3rd Age Dunedain
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Cimrandir wrote: Iodo, I also love your photos. Congrats on escaping to the wild - if only for a short while. That hounds-tooth pattern tunic you made looks positively Dwarvish with that background!
Thanks so much :P
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

These photo's are from mid December, I forgot about them until now:

And sorry about the Bofur cosplay hat, I wasn't intending to take pictures for the forum, I just threw on some warm dwarven clothes to go for a family walk and there happened to be snow on the ground :lol:

Last edited by Iodo on Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.