MERF Random Adventure Pictures

Whether new to the forum, or completely new to the community, herein you will find the best information to-date to help you get started on the right foot with that dangerous business of going out your door.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Cimrandir
Haeropada

Re: MERF Random Adventure Pictures

Post by Cimrandir »

Looks great!
Persona : Cimrandir - late 3rd Age Dunedain
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

This discussion started by Ursus about lighter weight cloaks seems to have turned into quite an interesting kit discussion, and I know I'm acting above my station to ask this but would it be possible to move it to the soft kit board under a different thread title?

I guess I feel guilty about it not being there already because I started this thread :lol:
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

It's getting to be about that time....
merf-forest-early-fall-leaves-in-sun.jpg
merf-forest-early-fall-leaves-in-sun.jpg (118.03 KiB) Viewed 7560 times
Mosquitoes are also finally dying back! Glorious! :mrgreen:
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Cimrandir
Haeropada

Post by Cimrandir »

Oh I’m so excited for fall. It’s finally dropping to the lower 80s here in Texas and I can feel that fall weather just around the corner. I just wish he had the beautiful trees to change colors like up there in New England. One of the days I will visit in the autumn again.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Here in Colorado its supposed to be 100 degrees by Monday and then they’re forecasting a FREAKING SNOW STORM on Tuesday! ARGH. Sadly I have a feeling we’re not going to get a proper autumn this year, so color me extremely jealous.
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Eofor
Haeropada

Post by Eofor »

Great to see all you folks out and thanks for sharing the pictures. I've said it before, I'm extremely jealous of those of you who get the classic seasons.
Autumn leaves and snow are virtually non existent here.

We're starting to warm up already in Australia but this year we plan to swap our boots for paddles and explore on water.
But the white fury of the Northmen burned the hotter, and more skilled was their knighthood with long spears and bitter. Fewer were they but they clove through the Southrons like a fire-bolt in a forest.
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

I've said it before, I'm extremely jealous of those of you who get the classic seasons.
Autumn leaves and snow are virtually non existent here.

Oh no!!

I had to live a couple years in California for work and.. same thing. Beautiful as it was, the seasons and plants all just felt... wrong to me.

I wonder sometimes if some part of our being is just evolved for a particular environment, and being anyplace else never feels quite right? I sometimes think on old Otzi, and wonder what it must have been like to live long ages ago at the foot of the Alps with high high mountains in the distance and lots of thick hardwood forest with bright green springs and deep red falls and clear cold winters and I just... swoon. :mrgreen:
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
theowl
Vendor

Post by theowl »

Took my halfling to joshua tree national park for the first time. Does anyone else still have their MERF t shirt?
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

That's an awesome shirt :P

It feels like it's been a while since I was last out in kit, I guess it's just three months but I've done so much less this year. I got the chance to get in the woods today:

I found an old wall where a road had been built a long time ago:

And these trees weren't fallen last time I walked that way:

Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Cimrandir
Haeropada

Post by Cimrandir »

Oh, I regret missing out on those shirts. Such a cool idea. Great photos, Iodo! I love moss-covered walls!
Taylor Steiner
Haeropada

Post by Taylor Steiner »

Awesome trek!
Frodo lives!
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Thank you both :P
Will o’ the Wild
Wayfarer

Post by Will o’ the Wild »

Wow. What a great lonely, forsaken feel. But what brought those trees down do you suppose?Trolls?
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Will o’ the Wild wrote:But what brought those trees down do you suppose?Trolls?
or maybe giants? the tracks were old and it was difficult to tell :lol:
Eofor
Haeropada

Post by Eofor »

I will never cease to be envious of the countryside and forests you get to explore Iodo.
Will o’ the Wild wrote:Wow. What a great lonely, forsaken feel. But what brought those trees down do you suppose?Trolls?
There was a particularly clever troll (which isn't saying much) known as The Scourge of the Eryn Vorn. The tale goes that he would block the forest road with fallen trees and snatch up unwary travelers as they clambered over his obstacles. His tactic was so successful that travelers eventually avoided the woods altogether and he resorted to preying on the local villages.
But the white fury of the Northmen burned the hotter, and more skilled was their knighthood with long spears and bitter. Fewer were they but they clove through the Southrons like a fire-bolt in a forest.