MERF Random Adventure Pictures

Whether new to the forum, or completely new to the community, herein you will find the best information to-date to help you get started on the right foot with that dangerous business of going out your door.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Cimrandir
Haeropada

Re: MERF Random Adventure Pictures

Post by Cimrandir »

This is incredible. Eofor, what an amazing set of photos. I know you've said in the past that Australia has some trouble passing for Middle-earth at times but there's no trouble today. Fantastic outing. What a wonderful case for natural fabrics. Everything looks real (duh because it is real) and you look like you've stepped straight from the pen of the Professor. Hail Eofor of Rohan.
Persona : Cimrandir - late 3rd Age Dunedain
Jack
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Jack »

That looks awesome Eofor
Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
Taylor Steiner
Haeropada

Post by Taylor Steiner »

Wow!
Frodo lives!
Eofor
Haeropada

Post by Eofor »

Cimrandir wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:21 pm This is incredible. Eofor, what an amazing set of photos. I know you've said in the past that Australia has some trouble passing for Middle-earth at times but there's no trouble today. Fantastic outing. What a wonderful case for natural fabrics. Everything looks real (duh because it is real) and you look like you've stepped straight from the pen of the Professor. Hail Eofor of Rohan.
You're too kind! I'm afraid that it's not my ranger gear and just my historical stuff though everything is hand woven and plant dyed. It's taken a fair effort to get to the stage where I can frolic around in blizzards having fun and not freezing.
There are certainly parts of Australia that pass as Middle Earth but they aren't close - this destination is 8 hours away. As to the pen of the Professor, I will leave that assessment to others though the middle pics did remind me of Adam Middletons old King Elessar concept artwork.

Thanks Taylor and Jack!
But the white fury of the Northmen burned the hotter, and more skilled was their knighthood with long spears and bitter. Fewer were they but they clove through the Southrons like a fire-bolt in a forest.
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

so you did get out in the snow, nice :P

in that footwear you made the right choice to turn back I think, but that weather looks so awesome, from the middle of a hot summer I am jealous :mrgreen:
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Cimrandir
Haeropada

Post by Cimrandir »

Eofor wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:48 am
Cimrandir wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:21 pm This is incredible. Eofor, what an amazing set of photos. I know you've said in the past that Australia has some trouble passing for Middle-earth at times but there's no trouble today. Fantastic outing. What a wonderful case for natural fabrics. Everything looks real (duh because it is real) and you look like you've stepped straight from the pen of the Professor. Hail Eofor of Rohan.
You're too kind! I'm afraid that it's not my ranger gear and just my historical stuff though everything is hand woven and plant dyed.
What's the difference? ; )

Haha, just kidding as I know you've got big plans for Rohan-specific kit items but I think at least for now in the soft kit, you've nailed it anyway. Early medieval and Rohirrim both.

Eofor wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:48 amIt's taken a fair effort to get to the stage where I can frolic around in blizzards having fun and not freezing.
There are certainly parts of Australia that pass as Middle Earth but they aren't close - this destination is 8 hours away. As to the pen of the Professor, I will leave that assessment to others though the middle pics did remind me of Adam Middletons old King Elessar concept artwork.
It honestly looks like a blast. Truth be told, I'll expose my American ignorance by saying I didn't even know Australia could get that much snow. Most impressive. And thanks for the heads-up about the old King Elessar artwork. That looks awesome and I've never seen it before!
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

This weekend was the first time I had been to this particular parch of woods since the poacher incident (viewtopic.php?f=35&t=4701) and I'm glad to report that I saw nothing suspicious :P

I was out testing my linen surcoat so the better photo's are on that thread (here: viewtopic.php?f=25&p=52355#p52355) but I did have a bit of fun with video stills so I thought I'd share what I edited here, because you all like photo's :mrgreen:

^Can you see me :lol:

^mid jump

I was a bit sad to find that since I was last there my favorite climbing tree had dropped it's low branch, here's me looking miffed LOL:

And here's a photo of what it once was, I think taken about two years ago:

Last edited by Iodo on Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Jack
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Jack »

Iodo wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:34 pm
I was a bit sad to find that since I was last there my favorite climbing tree had dropped it's low branch, here's me looking miffed LOL:

The disappointment is palpable :(
Beautiful pictures though with awesome scenery.
Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

yeah, it was a bit of a downer at the end of my trek, but the rest of the day was fun, glad you like the pics :P
Taylor Steiner
Haeropada

Post by Taylor Steiner »

Very cool! Looks like a great time!
Frodo lives!
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Thanks a lot :P
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

I love the adventure shots. :mrgreen:
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Eofor
Haeropada

Post by Eofor »

Ha! Drive eight hours and hike in a blizzard only to have Iodo find prettier scenery in her backyard........ Grumble grumble......
But the white fury of the Northmen burned the hotter, and more skilled was their knighthood with long spears and bitter. Fewer were they but they clove through the Southrons like a fire-bolt in a forest.
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Eofor wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:35 am Ha! Drive eight hours and hike in a blizzard only to have Iodo find prettier scenery in her backyard........ Grumble grumble......

That's still a two hour drive for me, and with fuel prices like they are at the moment that's no joke, and your blizzard photo's are WAY more awesome :mrgreen:
Cimrandir
Haeropada

Post by Cimrandir »

Awesome stuff Iodo.