Anybody interested in a challenge?

A lot of reenactment level work is about learning appropriate historical crafts and skills. This board is for all general skills that don't have their own forum.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

E.MacKermak
Amrod Rhandir

Re: Anybody interested in a challenge?

Post by E.MacKermak »

Elleth wrote:And it's underway! I'd thought I might be able to get outside after all, but as I was setting up a firepit outside the wind-with-hint-of-rain picked up, so in the modern kitchen it went:
cormarye.jpg
*crossing my fingers* :mrgreen:
Love the mortar and pestle and all the ingredients laid out with period equipment. Way to set the bar up there for the rest of us. Finished product looked delicious.
Still round the corner there may wait a new road or a secret gate and though I oft have passed them by a day will come at last when I shall take the hidden paths that run west of the moon, east of the sun.
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

Ha! Thank you. :)

Thought you guys would be interested in this. You may remember the pigs we slaughtered early this year:

Lessons from the farm (a bit dark, discretion advised)

Well - we hung up two hams to salt-cure the old fashioned way, and it was finally time to cut them down. Here's a piece getting broken down for freezing, fresh from the cold smoker:
smoked-ham.jpg
smoked-ham.jpg (179.5 KiB) Viewed 5706 times
The taste? Imagine lox - but make it out of bacon.

OMG SO GOOD
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

That looks delicious!

I'll have to pick out a new recipe to try this weekend. Hoping to have something to post soon. :)
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.