Crafting Handmade Shoes

A lot of reenactment level work is about learning appropriate historical crafts and skills. This board is for all general skills that don't have their own forum.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Kortoso
Haeropada

Crafting Handmade Shoes

Post by Kortoso »

Lord Andy mentioned once that he made at least one pair of his boots by reading a book, Crafting Handmade Shoes: Great-Looking Shoes, Sandals, Slippers & Boots by Sharon Raymond.

The book can be still found on Amazon from time to time, but it seems she has a website, which has some nice tutorials. Would you like to check it out? Okay, here's the link:
Simple Shoemaking

P.S.: Here is something else that doesn't show up on her regular site:
How to make traditional Renaissance Faire boots
:twisted:
There are no safe paths in this part of the world. Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild now, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go.
Kortoso
Haeropada

Re: Crafting Handmade Shoes

Post by Kortoso »

Well, I contacted Sharon Raymond this week and I heard back from her last night.
Thanks for your note, I looked at the boots and they look terrific, I can't imagine which patterns he used to create them. You can look at my video "How to Make Nomocs" and I do sell a video for making your own shoe patterns, you could use it to make a pattern for boots as high as you want them, then the "Simplest Shoes" book would give you shoemaking instructions, best wishes, Sharon
Here's her Youtube site:
https://www.youtube.com/user/simpleshoemaking/videos

And it looks like her book is available:
Crafting Handmade Shoes: Great-Looking Shoes, Sandals, Slippers & Boots
There are no safe paths in this part of the world. Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild now, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go.