Initiate's Blade WIP

A lot of reenactment level work is about learning appropriate historical crafts and skills. This board is for all general skills that don't have their own forum.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Eric C
Vendor

Initiate's Blade WIP

Post by Eric C »

Okay, this one is forged from 1095 steel. It has vine pattern file work on the spine, but I didn't get a picture of it. I will try tomorrow. Some stats as they stand now:
OAL: ~ 17"
Blade length:~ 10 1/4"
Blade width: 1 1/4" at the widest point
Thickness: 3/16"

This blade is currently sanded to 400 grit. It is on its way to at least 1500 grit, then etching to reveal the hamon. The fittings will be brass bolster and butt plates with malachite handle slabs and brass pins. I have a story in my head as to why I call this an initiate's blade. Pretty much, in Angarth's clan, it would be the first blade the initiate ranger is given. So anyway, on to some pics:

Here it is with all of the components:

And here it is with Ruinferil's blade for comparison:

Once again, I am sorry for the poor quality of the pics. I PROMISE I will get the stuff to build a light box soon. Maybe tomorrow I will shoot a short video of this blade for you.

I am planning a scabbard for this as well.

When It is done, it will go up for sale. The price will be in the range of $200. If you are interested, let me know. If you won't have the money up front, talk to me. Maybe we can work out some payment arrangements.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Eric C
Vendor

Re: Initiate's Blade WIP

Post by Eric C »

Hopefully you can see the knife a little better in this video. There are other projects in this video as well.

https://youtu.be/8LtICg_qwJs
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.