Bracer kit from Weaver Leather Supply

A lot of reenactment level work is about learning appropriate historical crafts and skills. This board is for all general skills that don't have their own forum.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Elwindil
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Bracer kit from Weaver Leather Supply

Post by Elwindil »

https://www.weaverleathersupply.com/cat ... books/kits

Got an email about their kits being on sale, saw this in there for those who might need to make a set of their own, Chuck's video is pretty comprehensive and step by step, really good video. Yet another thing to add to the ever growing list of things I need to make. *grins*
Ghostsoldier

Re: Bracer kit from Weaver Leather Supply

Post by Ghostsoldier »

Awesome resource.

I already own everything in the package except the leather, and I usually get mine from Tandy, but the video will be handy when it's time to make my own bracers.

Rob
"Nothing's forgotten."
Elwindil

Post by Elwindil »

Ghostsoldier wrote:Awesome resource.

I already own everything in the package except the leather, and I usually get mine from Tandy, but the video will be handy when it's time to make my own bracers.

Rob
might try getting your leather from www.springfieldleather.com that's where I've been getting stuff from lately, not only is it less expensive, but it's the same if not better quality, and they'll cut hides to whatever size you need for most leathers. oh, and their selection of buffalo hides is far better.
Ghostsoldier

Post by Ghostsoldier »

Elwindil wrote:
Ghostsoldier wrote:Awesome resource.

Rob
might try getting your leather from http://www.springfieldleather.com that's where I've been getting stuff from lately, not only is it less expensive, but it's the same if not better quality, and they'll cut hides to whatever size you need for most leathers. oh, and their selection of buffalo hides is far better.

Thanks for the tip...they DO have better deals than Tandy!

Rob
"Nothing's forgotten."
Elwindil

Post by Elwindil »

I've always been one for saving money and getting the best product possible, and no point in not passing such ability on to those here, after all...we are a fellowship here. *grins*