"Ranger Basics" Video

For discussion of knowledge of the wood; this means camping, tracking, and other outdoor pursuits.

Moderators: Eric C, Greg

Chris Russo
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

"Ranger Basics" Video

Post by Chris Russo »

I came across this video recently, made by "Fili" and "Kili" of "The Happy Hobbit." (These are the same two ladies reacting to the Hobbit trailer in the video that recently went viral.)

The info (and her Ranger kit) is basic, but still, it's great to see others out there with a love of Ranger-ing!
"If you bring a Ranger with you, it is well to pay attention to him."
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Re: "Ranger Basics" Video

Post by Eledhwen »

It is good to see folk getting into it.

She does need to brush up on some things though; stinging nettles...yes, they will make you itch, but they are highly useful in a number of ways. You can make good, strong, cordage from them easily. You can rett them much like linen and weave cloth from their fibers. They are highly nutritious food too, and quite easily rendered harmless for use. I search for them, when I am out and about; always good to know where the natural resources are. ;)

She'll learn as she goes along. We all do.

Eledhwen
Nandalad!
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

The moment it started up, I called it. "That's California". Probably mid-to-southern cali...the dry sage and scrub brush gave it away. Miner's Lettuce isn't quite as widespread as they suggest unfortunately...it's not out here. Tastes a good deal like spinach. I miss it.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Kortoso
Haeropada

Post by Kortoso »

I sent these gals a message a while back, since I range in the same mountains as they. No response as yet.
There are no safe paths in this part of the world. Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild now, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go.