Bows!

For discussion of knowledge of the wood; this means camping, tracking, and other outdoor pursuits.

Moderators: Eric C, Greg

Daerir
Amrod Rhandir

Bows!

Post by Daerir »

Here in the next few months, I am going to begin construction on two bows. One, a board bow (Im not sure on the wood I want to use yet), and the other is going to be a laminate recurve bow. They are my school projects this year and hopefully my teacher allows me to take some pics of their progress and I'll put them up as I get stuff done.
An archer practices until he gets it right. A ranger practices until he never gets it wrong
~Halt, Ranger's Apprentice
Stormraven
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Re: Bows!

Post by Stormraven »

Good luck on your projects. Sounds like both will be pretty enlightening - making a self bow and a laminate. Look forward to seeing the process and of course, the finished product!
"Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the wise cannot see all ends."
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

Look forward to seeing the project as it unfolds! :mrgreen:
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Daerir
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Daerir »

Turns out I'm starting out with the recurve. Gets ask my laminations. The two woods are osage orange and hickory. More pics will follow as I make progress

An archer practices until he gets it right. A ranger practices until he never gets it wrong
Daerir
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Daerir »

Got the main body glued together and ready for sanding and shaping :mrgreen: