Living the Hobbit lifestyle just got another step closer!

For discussion of knowledge of the wood; this means camping, tracking, and other outdoor pursuits.

Moderators: Eric C, Greg

Ringulf
Naugothrain

Living the Hobbit lifestyle just got another step closer!

Post by Ringulf »

I was drifting around the internet and came upon a very interesting Website.
For many years I have dreamed of building a Log cabin, a monolithic dome home, a treehouse, but I never thought that the logistics of living like a hobit was really doable. I got a book from my Father-in-law about building underground homes (a heavy subscriber to Mother Earth News and other very green lifestyle mags) I was intreigued to say the least. But this Idea seems to have some great merit for one who wants to live simply and close to nature. Or one like myself who would prefere to live in a Smail with my lovely Hobbit wife! Take a look.

http://www.greenmagichomes.com/magic-homes.php#

I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Eric C
Vendor

Re: Living the Hobbit lifestyle just got another step closer

Post by Eric C »

This looks really cool
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

I, for one, have always kind of wanted a hobbit hole of my very own. This idea is really interesting.
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

I have too Mike, Even though I don't seem the Hobbit type, I am married to one who is and we have always said we would go back to the Shire and raise Dwarbbits!
Actually in all, well maybe mostly, seriousness. Brandwyn and I have spoken about doing this in a few years. We have a peice of land on a gentle slope in Western Tenn. with woods and clear meadows all around. We were kinda thinking in the same vein as Strealbora having a Medeival/Ranger themed camp with a log cabin home. Though a good size smail would be a great option and then we could make the Log Inn or Meadhall in the upper pasture along with the stables and barn (some of which is already there). :mrgreen:
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen: