ME Ranger related, but OT or other genre materials

For discussion of Dunedain culture, what it might have looked like and how it worked.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

You can get a good many manuals on cd for under $10 including shipping. Your best bet is actually Ebay as these vendors compete with each other and have no overhead.

I got 3 of the Ranger Rick manuals and was a little disappointed. The first three at least are geared for the military with how to pass inspections and make alterations to your equipment (with survival and loading bearing emphasis). Some of the suggestions on what and how to carry stuff are good but primarily in a modern situation.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

hesinraca wrote:I need to get a sponsor to fund my endevours. Any ideas on where to get some of these army manuals for fairly cheap?
If you can't find them pm be back with your address and I'll see if I can find mine for you to borrow.
Willrett

Post by Willrett »

Terry goodkind Sword of truth series. He starts off as a woods guide.

R.A. Salvatore Legend of Drizzt. He was a ranger. also the Demon Wars Saga. Also a ranger trained by elves.

All are really good books that fit well.
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

You should check out 'Robin of Sherwood' on DVD. Robin and his band of Merry Men do alot of Rangering in Sherwood.

Mirimaran