Relocation

For discussion of Dunedain culture, what it might have looked like and how it worked.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Kiriana
Haeropada

Re: Relocation

Post by Kiriana »

Ya know.. police line up, mug shots, frisked, ooooh sounds like fun!! :twisted:
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.”

http://www.mackermakkeep.com
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

Kiriana wrote:Ya know.. police line up, mug shots, frisked, ooooh sounds like fun!! :twisted:
:P :P :P

sounds like a fun time to me
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Kiriana wrote:Ya know.. police line up, mug shots, frisked, ooooh sounds like fun!! :twisted:

if you think that's fun, you'll love the cavity search !

:D :D :D
Kiriana
Haeropada

Post by Kiriana »

Peter Remling wrote: if you think that's fun, you'll love the cavity search !

:D :D :D

sweetie.. there is a reason for the use of the :twisted: icon hehehe
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.”

Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Aaaaaalrighty then...

We're here. IN indiana. Pretty cool, eh?

So I've gotten settled in at my job. The Zipline guide position is still pretty much my main job, though the zipline hasn't officially opened yet, but I'm making myself useful and getting consistent hours, which is a major blessing. I'm doing lots of manual labor getting platforms for the canopy tour installed and such, and I found myself inserted into being a lead ref at the onsite paintball park. In short, I'm available for a good number of activities on location so, for the time being, I'll have consistent work.

Yay!
Lori found herself with a job lined up within days of arriving here. She's running an after-school program involving tutoring and such for a number of the children living in our apartment complex, helping them with their studies and such. She's already making a pretty big difference in the lives of several kids who are a few years behind in their reading, etc. so I'm VERY proud of her.

Shadow, the fuzzface of the house, has settled in fairly well with only a few hiccups as far as adjusting his poop schedule. He's a pretty happy camper.

Yesterday, Lori and I attended the annual summer Indiana Falconer's Association luncheon/meet, and I pretty much secured myself a sponsor. I got a concrete offer of sponsorship from the club president, and there's a couple in addition who offered to either sponsor me or try to connect me with two others who might be in my area. In short, that won't be a problem as far as getting next season up and rolling. Living in an apartment was worrying me as far as the hawk's housing was concerned, but I just last week got permission to set up Maia's old hawk house up on my work's property, so I'll be able to show up for work an hour early or so and fly my bird in the mornings, as well as take her home in a carrier on my days off.

Things are looking up! More to follow! I won't be on here as consistently as I have been in the past, as we don't have internet in our apartment, but I'll be keeping in touch with the lot of you all as best as I can. Lori, the pooch, and I all appreciate the prayers we know were sent our way!

-Greg
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

Glad to hear everything is going good.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Ernildir
Haeropada

Post by Ernildir »

Sounds like a good deal. 8)
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Kiriana
Haeropada

Post by Kiriana »

and I found myself inserted into being a lead ref at the onsite paintball park.

WOOOOHOOO!! We are coming to play!! hehehe

Paintball is our FIRST main hobby.. hence our email addys are phulesgold.com hehe that's our domain/paintball site

Greg

Post by Greg »

Kiri/Erich, I had seen that site, showing your family team, etc. If you guys are ever up this way and need an extra player for a tourney, let me know and I'd be thrilled to hop in!
Lori
Wayfarer

Post by Lori »

Greg, Can we stop moving yet?!
Greg

Post by Greg »

I should explain Lori's last post a little bit.

We just got all of our debris/stuff from California that we couldn't fit into our little honda shipped out in a "POD" of sorts. That includes Maia's Hawk House, incidentally *yay!*

It all showed up last week, so we basically felt like we were moving all over again. To add on to that, Lori surprised me when I came home from work by saying that we were going to, on the same weekend as the POD arrived, be moving from our run-down 1 bedroom apartment across the complex into a much more spacious 2-bedroom with a balcony.

So we've moved from our old place into my in-laws', from there to Indiana, and from our first apartment here into the new one which, God willing, we're staying in for more weeks than I have fingers. At the very least.

One of the perks of this new place is that the management has officially been informed about the hawk, and I've gotten permission to set up a smaller hawk-house on the balcony so the new bird can stay at my place on my weekends instead of my having to drive 30 mins each way to work to feed her every day. YAY convenience.

So that's a little update. Glad it's all over.
dwayne davis
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by dwayne davis »

Greg im glad you guys got there safe and settled in. sounds like both of you have indeed been blessed with youre jobs. :D way to go ranger.
Not all who are old are wise, not all who are young are fools
Where now is the horse and rider? where is the horn that was blowing?