An Excellent Opportunity

For discussion of Dunedain culture, what it might have looked like and how it worked.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Eric C
Vendor

An Excellent Opportunity

Post by Eric C »

In early October I got the opportunity to be the demonstrating blacksmith for a local event. The time period was colonial. Since I didn't have anything really colonial, I dressed in my ranger clothing to smith. Tonight, the lady that put the event together had an appreciation meal at her home. She asked if we would come in garb. Besides herself, we were the only ones to dress in garb. Elyon and I were out on the patio talking with her husband when I was summoned inside to tell what we as Rangers do. It was a great opportunity to tell about the forum and our community as a whole. I was able to field questions about our moots and just what we do in general. I discussed how we have grown from sort of playing dress-up in our earliest days to actually figuring out how a ranger would operate, how they would have survived. There were a couple of younger folks there that we know from Elyon and Ruinferil's schools. They know about the spring moot now. Maybe we can drum up some new recruits!
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Re: An Excellent Opportunity

Post by Peter Remling »

Sounds like you had fun and an opportunity to educate.
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

nicely done!
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

It was a lot of fun. I regret not being active here for quite a while now. But I am seeing more face-to-face opportunities lately. I do hope everyone knows that I'm still a ranger and I'm still around. I'm hoping to be of more value here when I fully return.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Eric C wrote:It was a lot of fun. I regret not being active here for quite a while now. But I am seeing more face-to-face opportunities lately. I do hope everyone knows that I'm still a ranger and I'm still around. I'm hoping to be of more value here when I fully return.
Trust me, I get it!
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Well I guess I can make all the excuses I want. But now it's time to dive back in.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Eric C wrote:Well I guess I can make all the excuses I want. But now it's time to dive back in.
Correct!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Hear hear!
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains