Happy Veteran's Day!

For discussion of Dunedain culture, what it might have looked like and how it worked.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Happy Veteran's Day!

Post by Greg »

A fairly good chunk of our number have served in our military in some capacity or another, and I wanted to, on this Veteran’s day, put out a special thank you to all of them, both here in the Mainland such as Eric, Ken, Siani, and several others (please don’t be offended if I haven’t mentioned you…I’m just throwing out the first names that came to mind) as well as those, such as Andy, who are, to our knowledge, currently serving. Here’s to you and the sacrifices you’ve made for the rest of us!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Eric C
Vendor

Re: Happy Veteran's Day!

Post by Eric C »

Thanks Greg. It is an honor to have been a soldier for this nation.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
David
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by David »

Thank you all so much for your service.

I wish more Americans were more appreciative and respectful of our military men and women (whether they agree with the politics or not). My grandfather on my dad's side was a submarine navigator for the Navy, and my great uncle on my mom's side was a fighter pilot mechanic in the Air Force during WWII. Maybe if more people had close friends or relatives in the armed forces, they would think and/or act differently, and not see Veteran's Day and Memorial Day as a free day off of work or from school.
You will live by the sword and you will serve your brother. -Genesis 27:40
Cleddyf
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Cleddyf »

we don't have this here in nz,
there is a few things on for armistice day but our main one is A.N.Z.A.C. day (austrailia,new zealand army corps) for gallipoli
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Post by Eledhwen »

Semper Fi, ladies and gentlemen. Semper Fi
Nandalad!
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Cleddyf wrote:we don't have this here in nz,
there is a few things on for armistice day but our main one is A.N.Z.A.C. day (austrailia,new zealand army corps) for gallipoli

You know, it's really nice to hear what another country does on certain occasions. Thanks for sharing that, and welcome to the boards. Would love to get over to NZ and Australia one day!
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Jon
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Jon »

Here in Tunisia we have a remembrance day for the British soldiers who gave their lives in the second World War on the 14 of November.

Life before Death.
Strength before Weakness.
Journey before Destination.